DULUTH, MN — Now that school is out for most children, many parents will be looking for ways to keep their kids active, healthy, and away from screens during the summer months.
Profile by Sanford manager Camille Erickson stopped by the KBJR 6 studio to provide some health and nutrition tips for the family this season.
Here are a few ways to eat healthy with the kids and keep the family active:
- Sign up for a family walk or a 5k as a group challenge through which you can support one another’s success.
- Get a pass to the local public swimming pool or hit the beach.
- Include the kids in meal planning. Pre-determining meals and snacks can help prevent unhealthy choices that result from boredom or cravings.
- Make your own snacks as a fun family activity. For example, create your own trail mix or protein balls, or even simple options like an apple with peanut butter.
- Make healthy choices easier by having nutritious options available for snacks. For example, fruit, veggies, and nuts should become a staple item on your grocery list.
Profile by Sanford provides nutrition, activity and lifestyle coaching to help members lose weight and keep it off.
For more information on Profile by Sanford, click here.
For more healthy tips and tricks, click here.