While it hasn’t been the best year on the course for Phil Mickelson, it’s been a pretty electric one for him on social media. Phil has caught our attention on multiple occasions but his new body might be what has caught everyone’s eye this week.
For years, many have looked at Phil as a dad playing on the PGA TOUR. He loves his corny jokes and always had the famed “dad bod” to go along with his personality. That’s all changed, however, as Lefty has gone through a crazy body transformation. And he’s not afraid to show off his new look either, as evidenced by a picture circulating Twitter on Wednesday.
In a picture taken by Phil’s sister Tina, Phil is showing off his weight loss at the beach while on vacation with his family. And Phil was quick to respond to the picture as well. And in his good, old fashioned humor, Lefty thought he’d point out that the bumps on his stomach are just obliques and that the doctor said that he shouldn’t worry about it.
It may come as a surprise to see Mickelson looking so trim but it seems like Phil has been trying to get to that point for most of the year. He even mentioned the crazy diet that he went on before The Open Championship when he said he fasted for 10 days where he drank nothing but water and a special coffee blend. In that time, Phil said he lost 15 pounds, a crazy loss for a 10 day period.
While this is definitely an amazing accomplishment for Mickelson, he’ll be hoping it helps him play better and extend his career. That didn’t look like the case throughout the 2019 season, where he’s fallen to 38th in the World Golf Rankings and failed to qualify for the FedEx Cup finals after winning at Pebble Beach in February. Now 49, Phil will have to count on his new figure helping him compete next year and beyond.
It’s going to take a little while to get used to new muscular Phil but there’s no doubt that it will be a change for the better. And hopefully, that change will also apply to how he plays on the PGA TOUR in 2020.
Cover Image Via Twitter
- RIPPED: Mickelson Shows Off Massive Weight Loss (and Abs) – August 21, 2019
- Tiger Considering Picking Himself For Presidents Cup – August 21, 2019
- Steph Curry Funds First Golf Program At Howard University – August 19, 2019
- Bryson DeChambeau Goes Off on the Haters Over Slow Play – August 17, 2019
- Joe LaCava Accepts Invitation to Caddie Hall Of Fame – August 15, 2019
- Brandel Chamblee And Brooks Koepka Throw Shade Again – August 14, 2019
- Could More Equipment Testing Be Coming To The PGA TOUR? – July 30, 2019
- Ian Poulter Gets Fan Tossed At WGC-FedEx – July 28, 2019
- TRENDING: Sergio Garcia Throws His Driver At Caddie – July 25, 2019
- PGA TOUR: Top Players Sitting Out This Week at the WGC-FedEx – July 25, 2019