SOCIAL media and relevant apps have helped us save time and energy. There are varieties of downloadable apps that make our lives more convenient. There are banking, exercise, food delivery, room booking, and video editing apps among many others. It’s as if there is an app made for whatever field and need we can think of.
As for women out there, menstrual tracker apps can also be very helpful especially for those whose reproductive health is to be watched out. Personally, I can recommend the Flo App Cycle Tracker. The interface is user-friendly plus it gives tips and information about women’s health.
As September is the World Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) month, Flo gives advices to all women users, regardless if they were diagnosed with PCOS or not, on how to manage it. PCOS, as defined by Mayoclinic.org, is a hormonal disorder that causes infrequent or prolonged menstrual periods or excess male hormone (androgen) levels. The ovaries may develop numerous small collections of fluid (follicles) and fail to regularly release eggs.
According to Flo, a healthy lifestyle and diet can significantly help with managing PCOS. Here are some of the tips taken from the app:
1. Cut down on meat
2. Cut down on semi-processed food
3. Cut down on processed carbohydrates
4. Add products rich in Omega-3
5. Add products rich in Vitamin D
6. Add products rich in Folic Acid
7. Opt for aerobic exercises like jogging, walking, and cycling. Make it a habit for 30 minutes, five times a week for 6 months.
8. You can also do strength training like weighted workouts, crossfit, and power yoga. You can do any of these 45 minutes twice a week for 6 months.
It is equally important that you know how to stay calm and manage stress. Find time to meditate, do breathing exercises, and to cultivate a more positive mindset.
The women health may be complicated and can vary from one woman to another but it doesn’t hurt to watch out for our lifestyle and diet whether or not we are diagnosed with a reproductive disorder. Downloadable apps like Flo can do wonders and can be of assistance while promising the convenience all apps are known for.