Home Health News 1st vaping-related death reported in New Jersey: Officials – WABC-TV

1st vaping-related death reported in New Jersey: Officials – WABC-TV

NEW JERSEY (WABC) — New Jersey health officials have announced the first death associated with vaping in the state.

Officials say they were notified in August about an adult female from North Jersey who died as a result of vaping. Her identity and details surrounding her death were not released.

“The New Jersey Department of Health is saddened to announce a death associated with this outbreak,” said acting Health Commissioner Judith Persichilli, who chairs the Governor’s Electronic Smoking Device Task Force. “This death underscores the potential dangers associated

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said last month its investigation into the outbreak is looking at products containing the marijuana compound THC, but further details regarding the fatal case in New Jersey were not immediately available.

What we know about vaping illness outbreak, deaths

The total number of confirmed and probable cases of serious lung disease in the state has risen to 14, including two probable cases.

Thirty-two reports of severe lung illness are still under investigation.

The age range of all cases and reports under investigation is between 15 and 51 years of ages.

“To date, there have been no reports of serious lung illness associated with products sold in dispensaries permitted by the New Jersey Medical Marijuana Program,” the New Jersey Health Department said.

The death in New Jersey comes in the wake of over a dozen deaths linked to vaping across the country.

Nationally, there are now more than 800 confirmed and probable cases of severe lung illnesses.

Health officials are urging people to stop vaping as the CDC works to investigate the link to severe lung illnesses.

———-
* More New Jersey news
* Send us a news tip
* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts

Copyright © 2019 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.

1. Merrill Copher

May 11, 2021 at 4:52 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

2. Lenard Stotler

May 12, 2021 at 10:34 am

3. Paul Bermingham

May 18, 2021 at 8:41 am

I don’t know about you guys but I infatuated with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/06/aeroflot-takes-delivery-of-their-first-superjet-100-reports-of-possible-quality-issues/

4. Elene Boal

May 19, 2021 at 10:31 am

I don’t know about you all but I am obsessed with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/09/airline-livery-of-the-week-full-allegiant-air-livery-on-boeing-757/

5. Stephan Barnthouse

May 20, 2021 at 9:43 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

6. Timmy Magera

May 22, 2021 at 7:49 am

I don’t know about you guys but I infatuated with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/08/livery-of-the-week-blue-panorama-airlines/

7. Vergie Ocain

May 23, 2021 at 9:34 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

8. Reynaldo Cutshall

May 28, 2021 at 10:24 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

9. Irwin Calemine

May 30, 2021 at 11:53 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

10. Candance Banister

June 3, 2021 at 5:05 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

11. Lupe Gungor

June 4, 2021 at 10:37 pm

12. Chandra Nuchols

June 11, 2021 at 8:25 am

13. Laticia Loudon

June 13, 2021 at 8:17 pm

I don’t know about you all but I infatuated with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/12/cheers-us-airways-can-once-again-serve-alcohol-in-new-mexico/

14. Lyndsay Tamborlane

August 12, 2021 at 9:40 pm

Have you ever got a cramp while doing a workout? I have and man I remember sitting on the floor for like 5 minutes straight just look at this https://1bodybuildingfirst.blogspot.com/2017/05/avoid-injuries-exercising-and-working.html