Home Health News Flu Season Has Arrived: Dozens Of Cases Confirmed In Massachusetts – CBS Boston

Flu Season Has Arrived: Dozens Of Cases Confirmed In Massachusetts – CBS Boston

BOSTON (CBS) – Flu season has arrived in Massachusetts. The Department of Public Health reported Monday that there have been 82 lab-confirmed cases of the flu since September.

That number is normal for this time of year, the department said. Residents are being urged to get vaccinated.

“We don’t know how severe this year’s flu season will be, but we do know that the flu vaccine is the best way to protect yourself, your family, and everyone around you,” said Public Health Commissioner Monica Bharel in a statement. “Although the flu vaccine won’t prevent every case of the flu, it’s still the most effective way to reduce your risk of serious illness.”

Massachusetts has one of the highest rates of flu vaccination among children and adolescents. Last year, 81 percent of children between 6 months and 17 years old got vaccinated.

The flu infects millions in the United States every year, killing thousands. Common symptoms are fever, cough and sore throat.

A list of places where the flu vaccine is available can be found at https://vaccinefinder.org/

In addition to getting vaccinated, the department recommends that people wash their hands regularly, cover their mouths with their sleeve when they cough or sneeze, and stay home from school or work if they feel sick.

1. Almeda Grana

May 11, 2021 at 1:32 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

2. Lloyd Mayoka

May 12, 2021 at 10:01 am

3. Patrina Poletski

May 16, 2021 at 10:58 pm

I don’t know about you people but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2008/12/leave-the-prius-at-home-take-the-biodiesel-737-800/

4. Saul Wintle

May 17, 2021 at 1:06 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

5. Flor Menden

May 18, 2021 at 8:17 am

I don’t know about you all but I infatuated with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/07/12-year-old-gets-body-scanned-without-parental-permission/

6. Wilford Aliff

May 21, 2021 at 7:31 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

7. Maudie Dockum

May 22, 2021 at 7:29 am

I don’t know about you guys but I infatuated with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/06/lesson-learned-about-blog-software-upgrade/

8. Patricia Vetsch

May 28, 2021 at 10:06 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

9. Leandro Charbonneaux

May 30, 2021 at 11:34 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

10. Adelaide Iwamoto

May 31, 2021 at 10:20 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

11. Kareem Appeling