Home Health News Ohio dad with breast cancer says he'd be 'nothing' without God, family – Fox News

Breast cancer is most often associated with women, and for good reason: At least 1 in 8 U.S. women will be diagnosed with it during her lifetime. But an Ohio father who was diagnosed with the disease is warning other men that, although rare, it can happen to them, too.

Daniel DiNardo, 49, of Youngstown, was candid when recently detailing his ongoing battle with breast cancer. DiNardo, an engineer, was first diagnosed with the disease in 2015 after noticing a lump on the right side of his chest. A biopsy later revealed it was Stage 3 breast cancer.

10 BREAST CANCER SURVIVORS IN SAME FAMILY CELEBRATE BEING DISEASE-FREE

DiNardo, who told Fox 8 he has no family history of the disease, later underwent a mastectomy, radiation and chemotherapy. He reached remission — but the cancer returned a few months later and spread to other areas of his body.

“It metastasized into my femoral ball in my left hip; there’s a spot on my spine [and] a couple [of] spots in my lymph nodes in my chest,” DiNardo told the news station.

DiNardo, who was given a 6-month prognosis following his initial diagnosis, continues to battle cancer. He credits his family and God with helping him through the hard times.

Daniel DiNardo was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015.

Daniel DiNardo was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015.
(Fox 8)

“If it wasn’t for them and if it wasn’t for God, I’d be nothing,” he said. “I get my strength from my family and I get my strength from my faith.”

Breast cancer in men is rare, accounting for less than 1 percent of all breast cancer cases. The American Cancer Society estimates 2,670 men will be diagnosed with the disease this year.

Symptoms of breast cancer in both men and women are similar. A painless lump, and changes in the skin covering the breast, such as dimpling, redness or scaling, are often signs. Redness is as well, as is an inward-turned nipple.

BREAST CANCER RISK REDUCED BY SWAPPING RED MEAT FOR POULTRY, STUDY FINDS

DiNardo’s wife, Sarah, said her husband’s fighting spirit sets a good example for their children.

“We want to teach our children, you can either wake up and cry and woe-is-me or you can get up and fight,” she said.

1. zortilonrel

November 13, 2020 at 1:45 am

Respect to op, some superb information .

2. storno brzinol

May 13, 2021 at 3:37 pm

Dead composed written content, regards for entropy. “In the fight between you and the world, back the world.” by Frank Zappa.

3. Temika Delfavero

June 7, 2021 at 8:13 am

4. Keenan Spoerer

June 13, 2021 at 7:34 am

I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/11/car-ferry/

5. Eusebio Cowie

June 15, 2021 at 8:28 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

6. Grady Benoy

August 13, 2021 at 12:26 am

Have you ever got a cramp while doing a workout? I have and man I remember sitting on the floor for like 5 minutes straight just look at this https://1bodybuildingfirst.blogspot.com/2017/05/avoid-injuries-exercising-and-working.html

7. SW Smiles Cosmetic Dentistry

September 30, 2021 at 9:06 am

Absolutely composed content material, Really enjoyed examining.