Home Health News Doctors Demand FDA Add Breast Cancer Warning on Cheese – One Green Planet

Doctors Demand FDA Add Breast Cancer Warning on Cheese – One Green Planet

In light of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, physician members of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine are petitioning the Food and Drug Administration to put a warning label on cheese. The requested label would read, “Dairy cheese contains reproductive hormones that may increase breast cancer mortality risk.”

The non-profit submitted the request on October 3, 2019. If accepted, cheese manufacturers would have to include the warning label on all dairy cheese products. The group has been outspoken about preventative medicine.

Dairy products are linked to breast cancer. Estrogen in dairy products from cows increase breast cancer mortality. Because dairy products are concentrated milk, the hormones become more concentrated as well.

Multiple studies have shown the link between dairy and breast cancer. A 2013 study found that for women previously diagnosed with breast cancer, eating one or more servings of high fat dairy led to 49% higher mortality. A more recent 2017 study found similar links between diets higher in dairy and breast cancer.

Breast cancer is one of the most widely known diseases in the United States. Especially during breast cancer month, many companies advertise their donations to cancer causes or put pink ribbons on products to show support for the cancer. The Center for Disease Control estimates that 41, 487 women died of breast cancer in 2016 in the United States.

Pink ribbons on products is part of the reason for this petition. According to Physicians Committee President Neal Barnard, MD, “Instead of cheese manufacturers like Kraft slapping a pink ribbon on products like Philadelphia Cream Cheese and Macaroni & Cheese, as they have done during previous Breast Cancer Awareness Months, they should be adding warning labels. We want women to be aware that dairy cheese could put them at risk of dying from breast cancer.” Dr. Barnard is the author of the book, The Cheese Trap.

Dairy has been linked to other health problems, including acne. Jon Stewart and his wife recently gave support for a vegan diet to help women avoid breast cancer. Read more about the tremendous benefits a vegan diet can have on your health in One Green Planet.

We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App, which is available for iPhone, and can also be found on Instagram and Facebook. The app has more than 15,000 plant-based, allergy-friendly recipes, and subscribers gain access to new recipes every day. Check it out!

For more Animal, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, don’t forget to subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter!

Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please support us!

<!–

–>

1. zortilonrel

November 13, 2020 at 4:29 am

I truly appreciate this post. I have been looking all over for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You’ve made my day! Thank you again

2. Dallas Economides

April 17, 2021 at 12:45 am

I am a older women looking to talk. I love sucking dick btw hmu

3. Lore Stellpflug

May 1, 2021 at 6:16 am

Thank you for sharing the info. I love sucking dick btw hmu

4. Mireille Schloop

May 9, 2021 at 9:15 am

Interested in more info. How can I reach you? I love sucking dick btw hmu

5. Providencia Esselink

May 11, 2021 at 8:52 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl authors and blogs

6. Nolan Aslett

May 12, 2021 at 8:53 am

7. storno brzinol

May 16, 2021 at 2:30 pm

With havin so much content and articles do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright infringement? My blog has a lot of exclusive content I’ve either authored myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my permission. Do you know any methods to help protect against content from being ripped off? I’d really appreciate it.

8. Mitsuko Egbert

May 16, 2021 at 9:46 pm

I don’t know about you all but I am obsessed with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/06/more-trouble-for-air-india-will-they-keep-787-dreamlner-order/

9. Michel Schieler

May 17, 2021 at 12:22 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

10. Alton Mckeag

May 19, 2021 at 9:18 am

I don’t know about you all but I am obsessed with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/06/japan-offers-first-low-cost-carrier-option-peach-airlines/

11. Deidra Labrador

May 20, 2021 at 8:20 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

12. Rayford Pascoe

May 21, 2021 at 6:48 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

13. Gertha Bilinski

May 22, 2021 at 6:52 am

I don’t know about you people but I infatuated with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/05/classic-video-alaska-airlines-commercial-from-1984-is-psychic/

14. Greg Weddell

May 23, 2021 at 8:43 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl authors and blogs

15. Katharina Divens

May 30, 2021 at 10:56 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

16. Hans Bessellieu

June 3, 2021 at 4:10 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

17. Bernard Calaway

June 7, 2021 at 5:12 pm

18. Samara Fulmer

June 12, 2021 at 8:48 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

19. Danae Hillebrandt

June 13, 2021 at 7:21 am

I don’t know about you all but I infatuated with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/02/video-new-boeing-747-8-freighter-in-action/

20. Dr Gőz Péter ügyvéd

January 30, 2022 at 8:48 am

I cherished as much as you’ll obtain performed proper here. The comic strip is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nevertheless, you command get got an shakiness over that you want be handing over the following. in poor health no doubt come more earlier once more since exactly the same nearly very continuously inside of case you protect this hike.