Home Health News Increased number of STDs in Hawaii linked to online dating – Yahoo Lifestyle

Increased number of STDs in Hawaii linked to online dating – Yahoo Lifestyle

HONOLULU (AP) — An increase in sexually transmitted diseases in Hawaii to the highest numbers reported in decades can be linked to the prevalence of online dating, officials said.

<p class="canvas-atom canvas-text Mb(1.0em) Mb(0)–sm Mt(0.8em)–sm" type="text" content="Cases of chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis have increased significantly in the state, The Honolulu Star-Advertiser reported Sunday.” data-reactid=”12″>Cases of chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis have increased significantly in the state, The Honolulu Star-Advertiser reported Sunday.

All three infections were at or near their highest rates in about 30 years, according to the state Department of Health’s Harm Reduction Services Branch.

Hawaii health officials recorded 7,732 cases of chlamydia in 2018, up from 5,972 cases in 2008. Gonorrhea more than doubled over the past 10 years from 611 to 1,496 cases. Syphilis infections increased to 180 cases from 38 a decade ago, officials said.

More connections with many more people are made rapidly through online dating services, officials said.

“As people rely on digital means of making connections, it can lead to circumstances where they might be more exposed to infection without them knowing it,” said Gerald Hasty, program coordinator for the state harm reduction branch. “More partners, more chances to get infections.”

There has also been decreasing reliance on condoms or prophylactics for protection against acquiring or spreading STDs, officials said.

The Hawaii figures correspond with the national rates of chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis infections, which have risen for the fifth year in a row, officials said.

The increase is “not desirable, but it’s also not unexpected.”

The three infections do not cause distinct or troubling early symptoms so those who are infected have “absolutely no idea of it,” Hasty said.

“That sets the stage for the infections to be spread,” Hasty said. “Lack of regular screenings or routine screenings contributes to increasing rates.”

___

<p class="canvas-atom canvas-text Mb(1.0em) Mb(0)–sm Mt(0.8em)–sm" type="text" content="Information from: Honolulu Star-Advertiser, http://www.staradvertiser.com” data-reactid=”23″>Information from: Honolulu Star-Advertiser, http://www.staradvertiser.com

1. Theresia Lyngholm

May 11, 2021 at 1:36 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

2. Brent Comtois

May 12, 2021 at 10:03 am

3. Leigh Vaillencourt

May 16, 2021 at 10:59 pm

I don’t know about you people but I infatuated with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/04/airtran-flight-attendant-training-part1/

4. Anjelica Spanicek

May 17, 2021 at 1:06 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

5. Bernie Newbraugh

May 19, 2021 at 10:08 am

I don’t know about you all but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/07/alaska-airlines-boeing-and-others-work-towards-using-sustainable-biofuels/

6. Patsy Minjarez

May 20, 2021 at 9:16 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

7. Bernard Ciaschi

May 22, 2021 at 7:30 am

I don’t know about you people but I am obsessed with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/08/fly-unlimited-times-on-jetblue-for-599-for-a-month/

8. Trenton Kooken

May 23, 2021 at 9:18 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

9. Jodee Kissner

May 28, 2021 at 10:06 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

10. Cleo Vandergraph

May 30, 2021 at 11:35 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

11. Brittni Tekautz

May 30, 2021 at 9:24 pm

Thx so much ! Appreciate the helpful information. I love sucking dick btw hmu

12. Carolina Touton

May 31, 2021 at 10:21 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

13. Enriqueta Mitch

June 11, 2021 at 12:59 pm

14. Chang Petrosyan

June 14, 2021 at 12:17 am

I don’t know about you guys but I am obsessed with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/10/us-airways-denied-a-liquor-license-in-new-mexico/