Home Body Transformation Andy Ruiz vs Anthony Joshua: Mike Tyson criticises body transformation – NEWS.com.au

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. That’s the view of Mike Tyson having witnessed Andy Ruiz Jr shed weight before his blockbuster boxing match against Anthony Joshua.

The world heavyweight champion knocked out Joshua earlier this year in one of boxing’s greatest upsets — considered so in part due to his podgy belly, The Sun reports.

And Tyson, 53, reckons Ruiz Jr will have maintained a stronger punch with the trademark Snickers-loving style he appears to have lost in recent times.

The former undisputed champ told Parimatch: “There have been rumours he has lost weight. I don’t like that.

“I believe losing the weight can affect power sometimes.

“If it’s not broken, don’t fix it.

“He did well at that weight, so he should stay at that weight.

“In the first fight, Ruiz put the pressure on him (Joshua) so fast that he didn’t know what to anticipate.

“And there were some hard punches.”

Ruiz Jr beat Joshua in New York at a whopping 121kg.

By contrast, Tyson fought at 97kg on his 1985 debut and finished his career at just under 108kg.

Part of the American veteran’s decision to quit the ring in 2005 came from the difficulty he had getting in shape for fights.

Ahead of his December rematch against Joshua, Ruiz Jr said: “I think being 10 pounds (4-5kg) lighter, I’m going to be a better fighter.

“I will arrive in better condition … lighter, faster and more powerful.”

In fact, he isn’t the only boxer undergoing a significant change for the bout with Joshua also becoming much leaner.

Claims the Brit looked more like a bodybuilder than a fighter have apparently rung true in his camp with recent images showing a new-look AJ preparing for the Saudi Arabia contest

This article first appeared on The Sun and was reproduced with permission

1. froleprotrem

September 3, 2020 at 8:05 pm

It’s actually a cool and helpful piece of information. I am glad that you shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

2. Bella Houtz

May 11, 2021 at 11:58 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

3. Myrle Chiodi

May 12, 2021 at 9:40 am

4. Bret Losinger

May 16, 2021 at 10:45 pm

I don’t know about you guys but I am obsessed with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/04/government-adds-new-rules-to-airlines-the-winners-and-losers/

5. Marguerite Torbit

May 17, 2021 at 12:52 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

6. Orville Bolenbaugh

May 19, 2021 at 9:52 am

I don’t know about you guys but I infatuated with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/11/photos-and-video-from-paine-field-kpae/

7. Shalanda Srock

May 20, 2021 at 8:57 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

8. Maximo Coradi

May 21, 2021 at 7:16 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

9. Carma Tannenbaum

May 22, 2021 at 7:17 am

I don’t know about you guys but I am obsessed with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/10/southwest-airlines-goes-green/

10. Margarito Dollins

May 23, 2021 at 9:07 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

11. Lan Harteau

May 29, 2021 at 10:33 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

12. Bulah Schaalma

May 30, 2021 at 11:22 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

13. Deonna Lapere

June 15, 2021 at 9:35 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs