Home Health News Increase in Cases of Lice on False Eyelashes – NBC Southern California

Increase in Cases of Lice on False Eyelashes – NBC Southern California

Health authorities want to alert the community of an increase in lice on false eyelashes, especially eyelash extensions.

The lice is not like those that can be stuck on someone’s head. If they are not mites, they are small and living organisms that feed on fat or sebum in the follicles.

“If they have too many, you can see them walking, the lice can also be seen to look like sand,” said Daysi Martínez de Lice Clinic of America.

The issue is that the machines of this clinic are especially made to work on the scalp, not on the eyelids and apparently this is the problem that has been registered lately: mites in the eyelashes that are called demodex.

“With mites, hygiene has a lot to do with the issue,” said Judy Díaz and Tien Du of Lice Clinic of America.

That is why specialists in the cosmetology tools are calling on users.

“All people have them, they are microorganisms, mites that live on the skin, they grow there, reproduce and die, but most of us have no consequences, but when our defenses go down these parasites manifest themselves in the follicles where the eyelashes are” said Valeria Camacho of the Armando Romo beauty clinic.

The demodex feeds on sebum in the hair follicles and is very contagious and small organisms can cause serious complications in sight. That is why hygiene should not go unnoticed.

Contagious parasites can spread if the specialist did not properly disinfect the utensils. The symptoms are itching, redness and inflammation.

1. Fallon Capano

November 12, 2020 at 6:19 am

obviously like your website however you need to take a look at the spelling on several of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling issues and I find it very bothersome to inform the reality however I’ll surely come back again.

2. zortilonrel

November 13, 2020 at 4:25 am

I got what you intend, thanks for posting.Woh I am thankful to find this website through google. “Those who corrupt the public mind are just as evil as those who steal from the public.” by Theodor Wiesengrund Adorno.

3. Loyd Galassini

May 11, 2021 at 11:43 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

4. Jung Gazella

May 12, 2021 at 9:36 am

5. stornobrzinol

May 16, 2021 at 11:06 am

Lovely just what I was looking for.Thanks to the author for taking his clock time on this one.

6. Johnathan Shampine

May 16, 2021 at 10:43 pm

I don’t know about you people but I am obsessed with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/10/who-needs-seats-airline-lets-six-passengers-stand-for-five-hours/

7. Leonel Magno

May 17, 2021 at 12:50 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

8. Coleman Grodi

May 18, 2021 at 7:59 am

I don’t know about you guys but I am obsessed with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/05/general-aviation-day-is-today/

9. Nanci Dombroski

May 19, 2021 at 9:49 am

I don’t know about you people but I am obsessed with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/06/video-alaska-airlines-shows-how-sky-high-airlines-uses-chickens/

10. Ashli Purfeerst

May 20, 2021 at 8:54 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

11. Elmer Rozman

May 21, 2021 at 7:14 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

12. Rhett Seise

May 22, 2021 at 7:15 am

I don’t know about you people but I am obsessed with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/01/boeing-787-dreamliner-za102-first-flight-pushed-until-tomorrow-still-good-paine-field-eye-candy/

13. Markus Brightman

May 28, 2021 at 9:52 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

14. Keenan Spoerer

May 29, 2021 at 10:31 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

15. Evie Calzone

May 31, 2021 at 10:05 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl authors and blogs

16. Korey Simon

June 4, 2021 at 8:24 am

17. Tamera Walz

June 5, 2021 at 3:03 am

18. Edyth Branam

June 12, 2021 at 10:38 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs