Home Health News Report: Flu Season In Minnesota Is Kicking Off With Influenza B – WCCO | CBS Minnesota

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Flu season in Minnesota is off to an unusual start, with the B strain of influenza causing most of the lab-confirmed cases instead of the usual A strain.

The Star Tribune reports that the Minnesota Department of Health released data Thursday showing that B strains made up about 80% of the positive flu specimens obtained in clinics and hospitals that were tested in the first week of December.

A strains appeared first in the state’s past 10 flu seasons and did most of the damage.

B strains barely registered until February. The B strains have historically spread faster among children.

(© Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

1. zortilo nrel

November 14, 2020 at 7:37 am

Would love to perpetually get updated great blog! .

2. Jodee Kissner

May 11, 2021 at 12:18 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

3. Antoinette Carmack

May 12, 2021 at 7:30 am

4. storno brzinol

May 14, 2021 at 11:41 pm

Hello! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group? There’s a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Cheers

5. Larhonda Caraher