Home Health News How the coronavirus compares with SARS, ebola and other deadly viruses – The Mercury News

The interactive slideshow above compares how the coronavirus stacks up against other current and major viruses. The data counts confirmed cases and deaths, but the WHO says that the number is most likely underreported because of misdiagnosis, improper handling and government censorship.

The latest coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak in China has stricken more than 7,800 people and killed 170 since its discovery in late December.

The spread has been so quick that on Thursday, The World Health Organization declared it a “public health emergency of international concern.”

Yet, despite the numbers and alarm, the virus pales in comparison to the impact of the ebola virus — and even more so — influenza.

The latter killed more than 61,000 people in the U.S. alone during the 2017-18 season according to CDC estimates. And since the beginning of the current flu season on Oct. 1, there have been more than 8,200 deaths so far.

The influenza virus was also the cause of the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic, which was responsible for the deaths of 50 to 100 million people — the worst in recorded history.

1. zortilo nrel

March 21, 2021 at 10:59 pm

Great – I should certainly pronounce, impressed with your web site. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs and related information ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Quite unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, web site theme . a tones way for your client to communicate. Excellent task..

2. news

March 29, 2021 at 4:06 am

Fantastic site. Plenty of helpful info here. I’m sending it to some pals ans also sharing in delicious. And of course, thank you to your effort!

3. best web hosting 2021

April 7, 2021 at 3:47 pm

I do like the manner in which you have presented this particular difficulty and it really does present us some fodder for consideration. Nonetheless, because of what precisely I have personally seen, I only hope when other responses stack on that folks stay on point and don’t start on a tirade regarding the news du jour. Still, thank you for this fantastic piece and even though I do not agree with it in totality, I respect the point of view.

4. Renita Kisro

May 11, 2021 at 6:03 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

5. Rudy Valla

May 12, 2021 at 8:08 am

6. storno brzinol

May 13, 2021 at 9:51 am

great post, very informative. I wonder why the other specialists of this sector don’t notice this. You must continue your writing. I’m sure, you have a great readers’ base already!