Home Health Tips Pro tips for working from home and staying healthy – CNN

Pro tips for working from home and staying healthy – CNN

While the idea of working in your pajamas and eating Oreos all day might seem appealing, in the long run that would be bad for your health.
Dr. Saju Mathew, a primary care physician in Atlanta, Georgia, says working from home could be a prescription for better health if you’re disciplined.
Working from home gives you the independence to take regular exercise breaks, and instead of dashing to that fast food restaurant for a quick lunch, you can make a healthy, sit-down meal.
“This is really your opportunity to get in the best shape of your life,” Mathew said.
He has a few simple guidelines to keep you happy and productive while working from home.

In the zone

“Since your home is going to encompass most aspects of your life like gym, cooking, socializing with others remotely, sleeping and relaxing, it’s imperative that you are disciplined and organized,” Mathews said.
He says it’s important not to let your activities bleed into your other spaces at home. Have designated areas in your house to separate these daily tasks.
You should have a plan for daily meals, workouts and regular breaks.
He suggests you doff your pjs and dress in something resembling normal work attire. (Unless they’re Superman pajamas. More on that later.)

How one stay-at-home worker does it

Freelance journalist Paul Kvinta has been happily working at home for more than 20 years.
He’s developed a daily routine that mixes work and regular exercise, and he’s even found a way to sneak in his daily steps while he’s working.
“I pace when I talk on the phone. When I have long phone interviews, or even if I’m just chatting with whomever, I will literally walk laps in the house. I’m not sure if I could pull that off if I was in an office setting.”
Kvinta also appreciates the freedom that working from home provides.
“So I keep my own hours. I wake up early, do most of my writing in the morning, do my phone interviews and by the afternoon, I’m ready to go for a run … or sometimes I’ll go for long walks. I’m setting my own schedule so I can exercise whenever I feel like it and I try to do something every day.”
Kvinta also makes sure he doesn’t spend too much time sitting.
“When you’re working from home as I am, you’re spending a lot of your day hunched over your laptop… so I do my best to move around as much as possible. And to adjust my posture when I’m working, …every day I do a series of stretches, and I go for walks as much as possible. I would say I go for a walk at least once a day.”
Mathew says these breaks are all-important: “For every hour that you work, get up and stretch, do some meditation. Deep breathing exercises will also cut down on stress levels.”

The office … but better

The most important thing about your workspace is that it’s comfortable. You should not be working from bed or the couch.
“If you have a standing desk, recreate that at home. You also want to make sure that your chair is ergonomically comfortable and that it’s an ergonomically friendly keyboard,” Mathew said.
But that doesn’t mean working from home can’t convey some extra benefits. For Kvinta, that includes regularly working outside.
“So, I do have an office — a dedicated office inside. But on beautiful days like today, I haul everything out, put it on my table on the porch, and I can work all day on the porch. It’s pretty awesome.”
Mathew recommends spending time on meal planning and filling that Instacart with healthy foods.
Don’t eat mindlessly while working and try to avoid the temptation to snack all day. Instead, make yourself a nutritious lunch and sit down to eat it.
Know what you are going eat beforehand, to avoid spontaneous (bad) decisions.

You might never want to go back

For Kvinta, the idea of going back to an office is unappealing.
A few years ago, while on a business trip, he was offered some office space in Manhattan.
“One of my editors there said ‘Oh, you’re going be in New York. Hey, listen, when you’re not going to your meetings and such, if you want to come by the office here, we’ll make office space for you.’ And I said: ‘Oh, that sounds great.'”
So I sat there, and I tried to work but then the big guy walked by and I thought, ‘Oh gosh, I need to look busy’ and I realized I didn’t have my bathrobe or my Superman pajamas on, and I couldn’t walk all over the place when I was on the phone, and even though it was so lovely of them to offer me this office space, I didn’t go back.”

1. g day

June 20, 2020 at 10:35 pm

Awesome! Its in fact amazing article, I have got much clear idea concerning
    from this paragraph.

2. g rsacwgxy

June 22, 2020 at 12:56 am

Hello There. I discovered your blog the usage of msn. This is a very neatly written article.
    I’ll be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your helpful info.
    Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

3. tinyurl.com

June 26, 2020 at 3:05 am

It’s hard to come by well-informed people about this subject, but you sound like you know what you’re
    talking about! Thanks

4. http://tinyurl.com/y7appc6b

June 26, 2020 at 9:33 am

I’m curious to find out what blog platform you are
    utilizing? I’m having some minor security issues with my latest blog and I would like
    to find something more safe. Do you have any suggestions?

5. water.com

July 25, 2020 at 5:37 am

Although I’m experimenting with trying to set my own spin Anyhow, I love
    keto so far. It’s essential to be flexible with your daily diet,
    even if you’re locked into some thing such as”keeping carbs low”.
    I want to lose weight, but I do not wish to be the person eating out that orders something odd the menu, or nothing at
    all off. It is just flat out not worth it
    if you ask me if your daily diet comes at the cost of your happiness.
    xoxo Anyhow just wanted to say thanks for your
    website. Materials like this allow me to stay on track and helps keep me from being miserable.
    I am hoping that you continue to develop, along with can find it!
    Thanks and good luck again. That is all GREAT. Been doing my best to try and do quality research, so
    stuff like this helps. Anyone else think that the biggest problem people have
    with weight loss comes from them not putting in the job?
    You wish to start losing weight ASAP like I do, however you must be inclined to
    do a little research first. If you don’t do your part,
    I’m sorry to say you are just going to have issues.

6. best web hosting 2020

July 25, 2020 at 11:36 pm

Wow, marvelous weblog structure! How lengthy have you been running a blog for?
    you make blogging look easy. The total look of your website is fantastic,
    as well as the content!

7. www.pearltrees.com

July 26, 2020 at 10:25 pm

Although I am experimenting with trying to put my own spin, Anyhow, I really like keto up to
    now. It’s important to be flexible with your diet, even if you’re locked into something such
    as”keeping carbs low”. I want to lose weight, however I do
    not wish to be the person eating out that orders something odd
    off the menu, or even nothing in any way. It’s just flat out not worth it if you ask me, if
    your daily diet comes at the expense of your joy.
    xoxo Anyway just wanted to say. Stuff like this helps me stay
    on track and helps keep me from being miserable. I hope that
    you continue to grow, and other people who want this can discover it!
    Fantastic luck and thanks again. This is all GREAT.
    Been doing my best to try and do quality research, so stuff like this really helps.
    Anyone else think the biggest issue people have with weight reduction comes from them not putting in the work ?
    You wish to begin losing weight ASAP like I do, but you must be inclined
    to do a bit of research. I am sorry to say you’re just going to have problems if you don’t do your
    part.

8. cheapflights

July 27, 2020 at 12:45 pm

Howdy! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where
    I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using the same
    blog platform as yours and I’m having problems finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

9. onlyfanshacks2020s.doodlekit.com

August 3, 2020 at 6:07 am

Anyhow, I love keto so far, although I am experimenting with
    trying to set my own spin on it. It’s important to be flexible with your
    diet, even when you’re locked into some thing like”keeping carbohydrates low”.
    I would like to shed weight, however I don’t want to be the
    individual eating out that orders something odd the menu,
    or even nothing in any way off. It’s just flat
    out not worthwhile if you ask me, if your daily diet comes at the expense of your
    joy. xoxo Anyway just wanted to say. Stuff like this helps keep me
    and allow me to stay on track. I am hoping
    that you continue to develop, and people that need this
    can find it! Good luck and thanks . This is GREAT.
    Been doing my best to try and do quality study, so things like this helps.
    Anyone else think the biggest issue people have with weight loss comes from them not putting in the job?
    You want to begin losing weight ASAP like I do, however you
    have to be inclined to do a bit of research first.
    I am sorry to say you’re just going to have problems, if you do not do your part.

10. Anyway just wanted to say. Materials like this helps to
    keep me and allow me to stay on track. I hope that you continue to grow, along with people who
    need this can discover it! Good luck and thanks .

Although I’m experimenting with trying to set
    my own spin on it anyway, I really like keto up to now.
    It is essential to be flexible with your diet, even when you’re locked
    into something like”keeping carbs low”. I don’t wish to be the person eating out that
    orders something weird off the menu, or nothing at all, although
    I would like to shed weight. It’s just flat out not worth it, if you ask me, if your
    daily diet comes at the expense of your happiness.

xoxo This is GREAT. Been doing my best to attempt to do
    quality research, so things like this really helps.
    Anyone else think the biggest problem people have with weight loss comes from
    them not putting at work first? You want to start losing
    weight ASAP, like I get, however you must be inclined to do a little research first.

I’m sorry to say you’re just going to have
    problems if you don’t do your part.

11. Snapchat reveal usernames

August 12, 2020 at 11:05 pm

Although I’m experimenting with trying to put my own spin, Anyhow, I really like keto up to now.

It’s essential to be flexible with your daily diet,
    even if you’re locked into something such as”keeping carbohydrates low”.
    I don’t want to be the person eating out that orders something odd the menu,
    or even nothing at all off, although I would like to shed weight.
    It is just flat out not worthwhile if you ask me if your daily diet comes at the expense of your
    happiness. xoxo Anyhow just wanted to say. Materials like this helps
    to keep me and allow me to stay on track. I hope that you continue to develop, and other people that need this can find it!
    Good luck and thanks again. That is all GREAT.
    Been doing my very best to try and do quality study, so stuff like this helps.
    Anyone else believe that the biggest issue people have with weight reduction comes from them not putting at job ?
    You want to begin losing weight ASAP like I get, but you
    must be inclined to do a bit of research. If you don’t do your
    part, I’m sorry to say you’re just going to have issues.

12. can i buy resurge in stores

August 16, 2020 at 3:25 pm

Anyway just wanted to say. Stuff like this helps to keep me out of being gloomy and helps me stay on track.
    I hope that you continue to grow, and can find it!
    Fantastic luck and thanks . Anyhow, I love keto up to
    now, although I’m experimenting with trying to set my
    own spin. It’s important to be flexible with your diet, even when you’re locked
    into some thing like”keeping carbs low”. I do not wish to be the person eating
    out that orders something weird off the menu,
    or even nothing in any way, although I would like to shed weight.
    If your daily diet comes at the cost of your happiness, if you
    ask me it is just flat out not worth it. xoxo That is GREAT.
    Been doing my best to try and do quality study, so
    things like this helps. Anyone else believe that the biggest problem people have with weight reduction comes
    from them not putting in the job? Like I get you want to begin losing weight ASAP,
    however you have to be willing to do a little
    research first. I’m sorry to say you’re just probably
    going to have issues, if you do not do your part.

13. http://b3.zcubes.com/

August 17, 2020 at 7:02 pm

Anyhow just wanted to say thanks for your site.
    Stuff like this allow me to stay on track and helps to keep me.
    I hope that you continue to grow, along with people that need this can discover it!
    Thanks and Fantastic luck . Although I’m experimenting with trying to set my own spin anyway, I really like keto so far.
    It is important to be flexible with your diet,
    even when you’re locked into some thing such as”keeping carbohydrates low”.
    I don’t want to be the individual eating out which orders something odd the menu, or even nothing at all off, although I
    want to lose weight. It’s just flat out not worth it, if you ask me
    if your diet comes at the cost of your happiness. xoxo That is
    all GREAT. Been doing my very best to attempt to do quality study, so things like this helps.

Anyone else think the biggest problem people have with weight loss comes from them not putting at job first?
    You have to be inclined to do a little research, although
    like I get you wish to begin losing weight ASAP. I’m sorry to say you’re just going to have issues, if you do not do your part.

14. cheap flights

August 24, 2020 at 10:17 am

Have you ever considered about including a little bit more than just your
    articles? I mean, what you say is valuable and all. However
    imagine if you added some great pictures or video clips to give
    your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with images and videos, this website could
    certainly be one of the best in its field. Great blog!

15. cheap flights

August 27, 2020 at 1:44 am

I think the admin of this website is truly working hard
    in support of his web site, for the reason that here every stuff
    is quality based material.

16. ask.fm

October 11, 2020 at 5:58 pm

Anyway just wanted to say thanks for your website.
    Stuff like this helps me stay on track and helps to keep me.
    I am hoping that you continue to grow, along
    with other people that need this can discover it!

Thanks and good luck . Although I’m experimenting with trying
    to put my own spin on it, Anyhow, I really like keto so far.
    It’s important to be flexible with your diet, even if you’re locked into something like”keeping carbs low”.
    I do not wish to be the individual eating out with friends that orders something weird the menu, or nothing in any way off,
    although I would like to shed weight. It is just flat out not worthwhile, if
    you ask me if your diet comes at the cost of your
    joy. This is GREAT. Been doing my best to try and do quality research, so
    things like this actually helps. Anyone else think
    the biggest problem people have with weight reduction comes from them not putting in the work
    first? You wish to begin losing weight ASAP,
    like I do, however you have to be inclined to do a little research first.

If you do not do your part, I’m sorry to say you’re just going to have problems.
    xoxo

17. fitnessboth.com

October 12, 2020 at 6:00 am

Anyway just wanted to say thanks for your
    website. Stuff like this helps me stay on track
    and helps keep me. I am hoping that you continue to develop, along
    with can find it! Thanks and Fantastic luck again.
    Although I am experimenting with trying to set my own spin on it anyway, I really like keto up to now.
    It’s essential to be flexible with your daily diet,
    even if you’re locked into some thing such as”keeping carbohydrates low”.
    I do not wish to be the person eating out with friends which orders something odd off the menu, or
    nothing in any way, although I want to shed weight.
    It’s just flat out not worth it if you ask me, if
    your daily diet comes at the cost of your happiness. xoxo That is all GREAT.
    Been doing my best to attempt to do quality study, so things like this helps.
    Anyone else think that the biggest issue people have with weight loss comes from them not putting in the work?

You want to start losing weight ASAP, like I do,
    however you must be inclined to do a little research
    first. I am sorry to say you are just going to have issues,
    if you do not do your part.

18. cellulite gone after stopping birth control

October 13, 2020 at 12:09 pm

Although I am experimenting with trying to set my own spin,
    anyway, I really like keto up to now. It’s essential to be
    flexible with your daily diet, even when you’re locked into some thing like”keeping carbs low”.
    I want to lose weight, however I do not wish to be the person eating out with friends which orders something weird the
    menu, or nothing in any way off. If your diet comes at the cost of your joy, if you ask me it is
    just flat out not worth it. xoxo Anyway just wanted to say thanks for your site.
    Materials like this helps to keep me and helps me stay
    on track. I hope that you continue to grow,
    along with other people who want this can find it! Thanks and Fantastic luck again. This is all GREAT.
    Been doing my very best to try and do quality study, so stuff like this helps.
    Anyone else believe the biggest problem people have with weight loss comes from them not putting at job
    first? You wish to start losing weight ASAP, like I get, however you must be inclined to do a bit of research.
    If you don’t do your part, I am sorry to say
    you’re just going to have problems.

19. infinite energy generator tv

October 13, 2020 at 7:23 pm

Although I am experimenting with trying to put my own spin on it anyway, I
    really like keto so far. It’s important to be flexible with your daily diet, even if you’re locked into some thing such as”keeping carbohydrates low”.

I would like to lose weight, but I do not wish to be the person eating out
    that orders something weird the menu, or even nothing in any way off.
    If your daily diet comes at the expense of your happiness, if you ask me it is
    Stuff like this helps me stay on track and helps to keep me.

I am hoping that you continue to grow, along with people that want this can discover it!
    Thanks and good luck . This is GREAT. Been doing my very best to try
    and do quality research, so stuff like this really helps.

Anyone else think that the biggest problem people have with weight
    reduction comes from them not putting in the work first?
    You have to be inclined to do a bit of research, although like I get you want to
    start losing weight ASAP. I’m sorry to say you are just
    likely going to have problems if you don’t do your part.

20. scalemagento.com

October 14, 2020 at 9:19 am

Anyhow just wanted to say thanks for your website.
    Stuff like this helps to keep me and helps me stay on track.
    I hope that you continue to grow, along with other people who need this can discover it!
    Good luck and thanks again. Although I’m experimenting with trying to set my own spin on it anyway, I really like keto
    up to now. It is important to be flexible with your diet, even when you’re locked into some thing like”keeping carbs low”.

I do not wish to be the individual eating out with friends that
    orders something weird the menu, or even nothing at all off,
    although I want to shed weight. It’s just flat out not worth it, if you ask me, if your diet comes
    at the expense of your happiness. That is GREAT.
    Been doing my best to attempt to do quality study,
    so stuff like this actually helps. Anyone else think that the biggest issue people have with weight reduction comes from them not putting in the job first?

You want to begin losing weight ASAP like I get, however you must be willing to do a
    bit of research first. I’m sorry to say you’re just likely going
    to have problems if you don’t do your part. xoxo

21. blogfreely.net

October 15, 2020 at 9:56 am

Anyhow just wanted to say thanks for your website.
    Materials like this allow me to stay on track and helps to keep me out of being gloomy.
    I am hoping that you continue to grow, along with other people that need this
    can discover it! Good luck and thanks . Anyhow, I
    love keto so far, although I’m experimenting with trying to put my own spin on it.

It’s important to be flexible with your diet, even when you’re
    locked into some thing such as”keeping carbs low”. I don’t
    wish to be the person eating out which orders something weird off the menu, or even nothing in any way, although I want to shed weight.
    It’s just flat out not worth it, if you ask me, if
    your daily diet comes at the expense of your happiness.
    xoxo This is GREAT. Been doing my very best to try and do quality study, so things like this helps.
    Anyone else believe the biggest problem people have with weight reduction comes from them not putting
    at job first? You have to be inclined to do a bit of research first, although you wish to start losing weight ASAP
    like I get. I’m sorry to say you’re just likely going to have problems if you do not do your part.

22. register.scotland.gov.uk

October 15, 2020 at 5:21 pm

Anyway, I love keto so far, although I am experimenting with trying to set my own spin on it.
    It is essential to be flexible with your diet, even if you’re
    locked into something such as”keeping carbs low”. I do not wish to
    be the individual eating out with friends that orders something weird the menu, or even nothing in any way off, although I want to lose weight.
    It is just flat out not worth it if you ask me, if your diet comes
    at the cost of your happiness. xoxo Anyhow just wanted to say thanks for your site.
    Materials like this helps to keep me and allow me to stay on track.
    I am hoping that you continue to develop, along with can find it!
    Fantastic luck and thanks . This is all GREAT. Been doing my very best to try and
    do quality study, so stuff like this helps. Anyone else believe that the biggest issue people have with weight loss comes from them not putting at job?
    You wish to start losing weight ASAP like I do, however you have to
    be inclined to do a little research. I am sorry to say you’re just going to have
    problems if you do not do your part.

23. sqworl.com

October 19, 2020 at 10:37 pm

Anyway just wanted to say thanks for your website. Materials like this allow me to stay on track and helps keep me.
    I am hoping that you continue to grow, along with other people that want this can find it!
    Thanks and Fantastic luck . Although I am experimenting with trying to set my own spin on it anyway, I love keto up to now.
    It is essential to be flexible with your daily diet, even when you’re locked
    into something such as”keeping carbs low”. I want to shed weight,
    however I don’t want to be the individual eating out with friends that orders something weird the
    menu, or nothing at all off. It’s just flat out not worthwhile if you ask me if your diet comes at the cost of
    your joy. That is GREAT. Been doing my best
    to attempt to do quality study, so things
    like this helps. Anyone else believe the biggest problem people have
    with weight reduction comes from them not putting in the job
    first? Like I get you wish to begin losing weight ASAP, however you have to be willing to do a bit of research.
    I’m sorry to say you are just probably going to have problems if you
    do not do your part. xoxo

24. Anyway just wanted to say. Stuff like this allow me to
    stay on track and helps to keep me out of being miserable.
    I am hoping that you continue to develop, and people who need this can discover it!
    Thanks and good luck . Although I am experimenting
    with trying to set my own spin on it, anyway, I love keto up to now.
    It is important to be flexible with your diet, even if you’re locked into some thing like”keeping carbohydrates low”.
    I want to lose weight, however I don’t wish to be the person eating out with friends which
    orders something odd off the menu, or nothing in any way.
    It’s just flat out not worthwhile if you ask me, if your
    diet comes at the cost of your joy. xoxo That is all GREAT.
    Been doing my best to attempt to do quality research, so things like this helps.
    in the work? You want to start losing weight ASAP, like I do, but you
    have to be willing to do a bit of research first. I’m sorry to say you’re just likely going to have problems
    if you don’t do your part.

25. symulastcelluliteexercises.xtgem.com

October 20, 2020 at 5:26 am

Anyway, I really like keto up to now, although I am experimenting with trying to set my own spin. It is essential to be flexible

I do not wish to be the person eating out which orders something odd
    off the menu, or even nothing in any way, although I would like to lose weight.
    If your daily diet comes at the cost of your joy, if you
    ask me it’s just flat out not worthwhile. xoxo Anyhow just wanted to say.
    Materials like this helps keep me from being gloomy and
    allow me to stay on track. I am hoping that you continue to grow, along
    with can discover it! Thanks and good luck . That is GREAT.
    Been doing my very best to try and do quality study, so stuff like
    this actually helps. Anyone else think that the biggest problem people have with weight loss
    comes from them not putting in the job first?
    You want to begin losing weight ASAP, like I do, however you must be willing to do a little research first.

I’m sorry to say you are just probably going to have issues, if you don’t do your part.

26. strain info online

October 23, 2020 at 5:24 am

I must thank you for the efforts you’ve put in penning this website. I am hoping to see the same high-grade content by you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own blog now 😉

27. zortilonrel

November 14, 2020 at 5:56 am

You are a very capable individual!

28. Cassi Zanter

December 22, 2020 at 8:01 pm

What is the best way to start a photography website?