Home Weight Loss Tips Weight Loss Tips: Nutritionist Explains The Right Way To Lose Weight – NDTV

Weight Loss Tips: Nutritionist Explains The Right Way To Lose Weight – NDTV

A healthy lifestyle can considerably improve your sleep quality and aid weight loss too

Highlights

• Try to sleep and wake up at the same time
  • Exercise for 45 minutes to one hour every day
  • Eat from the kitchen and not from a packet

Following a low-calorie diet and exercising every day are not the only things that are required for losing weight. According to nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar, one should focus on developing good habits first. This will eventually lead to good health and weight loss will be an automatic result. However, that path that people usually follow is weight loss first. In fact, quick weight loss may end up giving you poor health and this may eventually make you develop poor lifestyle habits.

In one of recent posts on Instagram, Diwekar talks about the “right way to lose weight”. For Diwekar, developing good habits comes first. The same is followed by good health and then weight loss inevitable.

Also read: Try These Expert-Vetted At-Home Workouts For Weight Loss

Weight loss diet: Develop good habits

The list of good habits include eating local, seasonal and traditional foods as part of your diet. The likes of avocado, quinoa and asparagus may help you lose weight in the short term. But they are surely not going to be sustainable in the long run. Foods which are sustainable are the ones that have been a part of your culture, the ones that you have grown up eating.

The list of good habits also include:

• Eat from the kitchen and not from a packet
  • Eat with all your senses with gratitude and not fear.
  • Stay active all day. Sit less and move more.
  • Do minimum of 150 minutes of exercise every week.
  • Fix a bed time and wake up time and follow it with discipline.
  • Regulate use of gadgets, especially before you go to bed. Screen time can seriously affect your sleep cycle and sleep quality.
  • Pursue your hobbies and do what you love. Spend time with family.
fhe25b3

Exercise for minimum 150 minutes every week
Photo Credit: iStock

Also read: Why You Must Eat After Every 2 Hours: No, It Won’t Make You Gain Weight!

How this will improve your health

Once you develop the habit of following these habits, there are considerable changes that you will begin to feel. From pumped up energy levels to a good sleep quality, from a smooth digestion to much lesser incidence of acidity and bloating, you are likely to experience several health benefits.

Diwekar says that developing healthy habits can also reduce PMS or period pain, give you better skin and hair quality, reduce sugar cravings, make you feel like you should exercise, regulate blood sugar levels and help you have a good lipid profile.

Also read: Diabetes Diet: Here’s How Legumes Can Help Keep Your Blood Sugar Levels Controlled

The pattern of weight loss

Following these habits will lead to a slow but sustainable weight loss. The beneficial aspect is that you won’t feel cravings, irritability and mood swings which often come along with famous weight loss diets.

According to Diwekar, the weight loss you achieve with this is also going to be irreversible. You will experience reduction in fat mass, gain in lean body and bone mineral density.

Following these habits will help you lose around 10 to 15% of your body weight in a year.

Stay indoors, stay safe and stay healthy everyone!

(Rujuta Diwekar is a nutritionist based in Mumbai)

Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.

1. ปั๊มไลค์

June 1, 2020 at 1:33 am

Like!! Great article post.Really thank you! Really Cool.

2. เบอร์มงคล

June 8, 2020 at 3:10 am

I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This article posted at this web site is in fact pleasant.

3. SMS

June 14, 2020 at 7:12 pm

Very good article! We are linking to this particularly great content on our site. Keep up the great writing.

4. Jean Lehto

May 11, 2021 at 6:24 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

5. Nolan Felde

May 12, 2021 at 8:13 am

6. Lemuel Vanschaick

May 16, 2021 at 9:03 pm

I don’t know about you people but I infatuated with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/04/government-adds-new-rules-to-airlines-the-winners-and-losers/

7. Antoine Stcharles

May 19, 2021 at 8:50 am

I don’t know about you guys but I infatuated with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/10/official-allegiant-air-boeing-757-photos-a-look-at-their-newish-livery/

8. Millard Cancro

May 20, 2021 at 7:51 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

9. Aldo Brechtel

May 21, 2021 at 12:35 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

10. Amelia Stabler

May 22, 2021 at 6:32 am

I don’t know about you all but I infatuated with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/06/will-nintendo-wii-be-used-in-the-cockpit-of-the-future/

11. Cherryl Glembocki

May 30, 2021 at 10:33 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

12. Wilber Padro

May 31, 2021 at 9:16 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

13. Kristina Floyd

June 3, 2021 at 3:49 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

14. Brandi Coral