Home Health News Johnson & Johnson to begin human trials for coronavirus vaccine in late July, earlier than expected – CNBC

Alex Gorsky, CEO of Johnson & Johnson

Adam Jeffery | CNBC

Johnson & Johnson announced Wednesday its early-stage human trial for a potential coronavirus vaccine will begin in the second half of July, earlier than its initial forecast of September.

“Based on the strength of the preclinical data we have seen so far and interactions with the regulatory authorities, we have been able to further accelerate the clinical development of our investigational SARS-CoV-2 vaccine, Ad26.COV2-S, recombinant,” J&J’s Chief Scientific Officer Paul Stoffels said in a press release.

The company began developing a Covid-19 vaccine in January.

It is using the same technologies it used to make its experimental Ebola vaccine, which was provided to people in the Democratic Republic of Congo in late 2019. It involves combing genetic material from the coronavirus with a modified adenovirus that is known to cause common colds in humans.

J&J said earlier this year that if the vaccine works well and is safe it could produce 600 million to 900 million doses by April 2021. The company said Wednesday it is committed to the goal of supplying more than 1 billion doses globally through the course of 2021, provided the vaccine is safe and effective.

J&J’s early-stage trial will test its vaccine on 1,045 healthy adults ages 18 to 55 years as well as adults ages 65 years and older. It will take place in the United States and Belgium.

The effort by J&J is one of several working on a potential vaccine to prevent Covid-19, which has sickened more than 7.2 million people worldwide and killed at least 411,879, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.

There are at least 124 Covid-19 vaccines under development as of June 2, according to the World Health Organization. At least 10 of those are already in clinical trials.

The National Institutes of Health has been fast-tracking work with biotech firm Moderna on a potential vaccine to prevent Covid-19.

Moderna expects to enroll about 30,000 people when it begins a phase three trial in July, according to Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

1. ปั๊มไลค์

June 10, 2020 at 5:43 pm

Like!! I blog quite often and I genuinely thank you for your information. The article has truly peaked my interest.

2. Thanks so much for the blog post.

3. I like the valuable information you provide in your articles.

4. เบอร์สวยมงคล

June 10, 2020 at 5:46 pm

I like this website very much, Its a very nice office to read and incur information.

5. vreyro linomit

February 26, 2021 at 3:18 pm

Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this. very interesting information.

6. Reuben Ober

May 10, 2021 at 2:11 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

7. Teodoro Holsapple

May 12, 2021 at 3:05 am

8. Rolando Gittens

May 16, 2021 at 7:33 pm

I don’t know about you people but I love airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/02/create-the-winning-timbers-livery-for-alaska-airlines-and-have-it-painted-on-a-plane/

9. Isiah Beresik

May 17, 2021 at 9:09 pm

I don’t know about you guys but I infatuated with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/06/airlines-are-cutting-flights-jobs-and-spoons/

10. Lashay Clothier

May 20, 2021 at 5:55 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

11. Ward Accardi

May 20, 2021 at 10:57 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

12. storno brzinol

May 22, 2021 at 11:27 pm

You made several fine points there. I did a search on the issue and found mainly folks will have the same opinion with your blog.

13. Brendan Chittum

May 28, 2021 at 7:54 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

14. Ricardo Kennin

May 29, 2021 at 8:17 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

15. Delmy Bellavance

May 31, 2021 at 7:43 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

16. Hal Moskau

June 3, 2021 at 2:28 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

17. Yong Mathiew