Home Health News CDC releases new tips to avoid contracting coronavirus – The Mercury News

CDC releases new tips to avoid contracting coronavirus – The Mercury News

Mark J. Terrill/Associated Press

File photo: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention posted the guidelines Friday about how to reduce risk of coronavirus infection for Americans who are attempting some semblance of normal life.

By Mike Stobbe | Associated Press

NEW YORK — Take the stairs, not the elevator, down from your hotel room. Encourage people to bring their own food and drinks to your cookout. Use hand sanitizer after banking at an ATM. Call ahead to restaurants and nail salons to make sure staff are wearing face coverings. And no high-fives — or even elbow bumps — at the gym.

These are some of the tips in long-awaited guidance from U.S. health officials about how to reduce risk of coronavirus infection for Americans who are attempting some semblance of normal life.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention posted the guidelines Friday, along with a second set for organizing and attending big gatherings such as includes concerts, sporting events, protests and political rallies.

But the guidelines are “not intended to endorse any particular type of event,” the CDC’s Dr. Jay Butler said in a Friday call with reporters.

The staging and attendance of such events should be in accordance with what local health officials are advising, based on much the coronavirus is spreading in a particular community, he added.

The guidelines are long overdue, some health experts say.

Julia Marcus, an infectious disease researcher at Harvard Medical School, has likened stay-at-home suggestions to “abstinence-only” messaging and has pressed for advice to help people minimize risk. She said she was delighted by the CDC’s tips.

“I think it’s a huge step in the right direction,” Marcus said. “These guidelines are really directed toward ordinary Americans trying to make decisions about risk every day.”

But there are notable omissions. There’s nothing about precautions to take before going to church, no guidance about dating and sex and no explicit advice on a topic that some doctors say they get asked all the time: Is it OK to take the kids to visit grandparents?

“Visiting grandma is something I must address three times a week,” said Dr. William Schaffner, a Vanderbilt University infectious disease expert.

“My empathy goes out to the CDC. It’s very, very difficult to have a precise answer for every circumstance,” he added.

Stay-at-home orders, school shutdowns and business closings were followed by a national flattening in the rate of new cases. In recent weeks, many states have started reopening as they face pressure to get the pandemic-damaged economy going again. And cases are rising in nearly half the states, according to an Associated Press analysis.

The CDC has put out many sets of guidelines, including some for churches, camps, schools and transit agencies. But until now, the organization hasn’t offered specific advice to people trying to decide whether to take vacations, get their nails done, host barbecues, visit a bank or library, go out to eat or exercise at a gym.

The CDC’s director, Dr. Robert Redfield, called the new guidelines “common sense suggestions,” not mandates. State or local governments may want to reimpose stricter measures if new outbreaks occur, but that’s a call for them to make, CDC officials said.

The guidelines repeat earlier advice about wearing face coverings, especially if it’s difficult to keep at least 6 feet away from other people.

They also offers a list of questions people should consider before going out, and some things to think about in particular situations. For example, it suggests that house parties be held outside, guests be greeted with a wave instead of a hug and that everyone bring their own food and drinks.

1. ปั้มไลค์

June 13, 2020 at 5:52 am

Like!! I blog quite often and I genuinely thank you for your information. The article has truly peaked my interest.

2. Thank you ever so for you article post.

3. Thanks so much for the blog post.

4. เบอร์สวย

June 13, 2020 at 5:55 am

Thanks for fantastic info I was looking for this info for my mission.

5. SMS

June 14, 2020 at 8:03 am

I love looking through a post that can make people think. Also, many thanks for permitting me to comment!

6. g https://tinyurl.com/rsacwgxy

June 22, 2020 at 11:09 am

I savour, result in I discovered exactly what I was having a look for.

You’ve ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day.
    Bye

7. cbd oil that works 2020

June 29, 2020 at 10:21 am

This is the right webpage for everyone who wishes to understand this topic.

You realize a whole lot its almost tough to argue with
    you (not that I personally will need to…HaHa).

You certainly put a brand new spin on a subject which has been written about
    for many years. Wonderful stuff, just great!

8. web host

July 16, 2020 at 9:00 am

If you desire to increase your familiarity only keep visiting this site and be updated with
    the latest news update posted here.

9. web hosting services

July 17, 2020 at 11:34 pm

After I originally commented I seem to have clicked
    the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on each
    time a comment is added I receive 4 emails with
    the same comment. Is there an easy method you are able
    to remove me from that service? Thanks a lot!

10. website hosting services

July 26, 2020 at 11:31 pm

There is definately a great deal to know about this issue.
    I really like all of the points you have made.

11. cheap flights to florida jetblue

July 31, 2020 at 5:31 am

I savour, lead to I found just what I was having a look for.
    You’ve ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a
    nice day. Bye

12. how to spot a fake rolex

August 3, 2020 at 12:35 am

rolex replica has been at the forefront of watch making.

13. web hosting providers

August 5, 2020 at 12:53 pm

I will immediately clutch your rss feed as I can’t to find
    your e-mail subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you have any?
    Kindly permit me realize so that I may just subscribe.
    Thanks.

14. website hosting services

August 6, 2020 at 5:45 pm

Hi! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website?
    I’m getting sick and tired of WordPress because I’ve had problems with hackers and I’m looking at options for another platform.
    I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good
    platform.

15. web hosting reviews

August 7, 2020 at 3:57 am

When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time
    a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Thank you!

16. Erinn Claghorn

August 24, 2020 at 5:31 pm

Hey, thanks for a great post, it seems everyone these days is trying to make a little extra on the side but it is so hard to find really good blogs like yours. I’ve also been following this guy for a while and have had some success as a begginer using some of his methods. Maybe some of your readers might find it usefull too. https://www.affiliatemarketing101.com.au

17. black mass

August 28, 2020 at 11:25 am

I couldn’t resist commenting. Perfectly written!

18. Nicole

August 29, 2020 at 5:27 am

Vor ein paar Tagen habe ich eine neue Seife
    gemacht.

19. scoalanicolaeiorga.uv.ro

August 31, 2020 at 1:23 am

Das richtige Material zum Reinkuscheln.

20. Dominick Blem

September 3, 2020 at 6:10 am

What advice do you have for someone just starting out? I found this review, the million dollar funnel sounds too good to be true. I don’t know how to tell if it’s a scam or not.

21. cbd oil for anxiety for sale

October 1, 2020 at 1:14 am

22. zortilo nrel

November 13, 2020 at 11:09 pm

Hey I am so excited I found your site, I really found you by accident, while I was searching on Google for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for a marvelous post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the fantastic work.

23. Eliza Bron

January 1, 2021 at 7:27 am

Please, I only like to have answer from articles expert/s. -Can you get penalized in search engines for submitting the same articles to multiple article submmision websites?. -What should I do to claim the copyright of my article/s? Should I post it on my website first before submit it to those websites? Will search engines consider the article content as duplicated ?. Thanks heap in advance!.

24. Marielle Monserrate

January 1, 2021 at 7:47 pm

I have a blog with blogger. I have registered my blog using a gmail account. Now, I want to use a new gmail account and I wanted to import my whole blog along with the posts and comments to this new gmail id.. . Please tell me, is this possible and how can it be done?.

25. Anessa B

January 12, 2021 at 12:57 am

What’s up?

I found this article very interesting…please read!

Do you remember the blockbuster hit film The Matrix that was released in 1999? You may not know this, but it has deep spiritual implications concerning the times we are living in and Bible prophecy.

It tells a story of how these “agents” are trying to turn us into machines. We are closer then ever before for this to become a reality when they cause us to receive an implantable microchip in our body during a time when physical money will be no more.

You may have seen on NBC news concerning the implantable RFID microchip that some people are getting put in their hand to make purchases, but did you know this microchip matches perfectly with prophecy in the Bible?

“He (the false prophet who deceives many by his miracles) causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name…

You also may have heard of the legendary number “666” that people have been speculating for possibly thousands of years on what it actually means. This article shares something I haven’t seen before, and I don’t think there could be any better explanation for what it means to calculate 666. This is no hoax. Very fascinating stuff!

…Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666″ (Revelation 13:16-18 NKJV).

To see all the details showing why the Bible foretold of all these things, check out this article!

Article: https://biblewoke.com/rfid-mark-of-the-beast-666-revealed

GOD is sending out His end time warning:

“Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, ‘If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name'” (Revelation 14:9-11).

In the Islamic religion they have man called the Mahdi who is known as their messiah of whom they are waiting to take the stage. There are many testimonies from people online who believe this man will be Barack Obama who is to be the biblical Antichrist based off dreams they have received. I myself have had strange dreams about him like no other person. So much so that I decided to share this information.

He came on stage claiming to be a Christian with no affiliation to the Muslim faith…

“In our lives, Michelle and I have been strengthened by our Christian faith. But there have been times where my faith has been questioned — by people who don’t know me — or they’ve said that I adhere to a different religion, as if that were somehow a bad thing,” – Barack Obama

…but was later revealed by his own family members that he indeed is a devout Muslim.

So what’s in the name? The meaning of someones name can say a lot about a person. God throughout history has given names to people that have a specific meaning tied to their lives. How about the name Barack Obama? Let us take a look at what may be hiding beneath the surface…

“And He (Jesus) said to them (His disciples), ‘I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven'” (Luke 10:18).

In the Hebrew language we can uncover the meaning behind the name Barack Obama.

Barack, also transliterated as Baraq, in Hebrew is: lightning

baraq – Biblical definition:

From Strongs H1299; lightning; by analogy a gleam; concretely a flashing sword: – bright, glitter (-ing, sword), lightning. (Strongs Hebrew word H1300 baraq baw-rawk’)

Barak ‘O’bamah, The use of bamah is used to refer to the “heights” of Heaven.

bamah – Biblical definition:

From an unused root (meaning to be high); an elevation: – height, high place, wave. (Strongs Hebrew word H1116 bamah baw-maw’)

The day following the election of Barack Obama (11/04/08), the winning pick 3 lotto numbers in Illinois (Obama’s home state) for 11/5/08 were 666.

Obama was a U.S. senator for Illinois, and his zip code was 60606.

Seek Jesus while He may be found…repent, confess and forsake your sins and trust in the savior! Jesus says we must be born again by His Holy Spirit to enter the kingdom of God…God bless!

26. Augusta Olewine

January 20, 2021 at 3:52 pm

Wow! Thank you! I continually needed to write on my website something like that. Can I take a fragment of your post to my site?

27. Alton Veazie

January 31, 2021 at 5:48 am

Ancient Japanese Tonic Melts 3lbs Every 3.5 days (drink before 10am). Rina lost 38lbs in 5 weeks without exercising at all due to her whiplash from a car accident. Taylor had high blood pressure and was getting pains in her knees. She lost 31 lbs in a month and a half and couldn’t be happier. This might sound crazy but they all reported being able to see and feel their fat melt off their belly within the first 24 hours. And the best part is as long as you drink this Japanese mix every morning, you’ll also experience these incredible results too! The Most Potent Fat-Cell Destroying Tonic on the Planet (drink before 10am) Read more here –> https://rb.gy/dabx3z

28. Belva Ossowski

February 9, 2021 at 7:00 am

I’ve heard it a million times… I’m going to quit my job, I’m going to start my own business, I’m going to live where I want, and I’m going to live the dream… Enough talk. Everyone’s got a vision. Fine. What exactly have you done lately to make it come true? Not much, you say? If everyone suddenly got injected with the truth serum, you’d hear people talk a different game: Hi, my name is Dave. I’ve got huge dreams. But I’m a failure, because I did nothing to make these dreams come true. I’m too afraid to start. I procrastinate about taking action. I will probably never do anything or amount to anything in my life, because I choose to stay in my comfort zone. Incidentally, the first step to changing your life is to be honest about how you feel. Are you afraid? Fine. Are you anxious? Fine. Do you procrastinate? Great. This means you have to start with a tiny step. Something that isn’t as intimidating as making a million dollars in the next 12 months. How about making your first $100.00 online? Doesn’t sound too far out of reach, right? Here’s a great place to start https://tinyurl.com/y5lq8lns

29. https://www.songmanhits.com

February 17, 2021 at 6:07 pm

Best view i have ever seen !

30. afghani strain grow

March 20, 2021 at 9:25 pm

What is in the marrow is hard to take out of the bone.

31. แทงบอล

April 11, 2021 at 9:50 am

เว็บพนันออนไลน์ sbobet online ตกว่าเว็บไซต์ที่แยก สารภาพเดิมพันกีฬา กะซวกลูกบอลออนไลน์ กลุ่มชอบกฎปฏิบัติ แดนแยกถวายบริการมาชนิดยาวนาน
    ด้วยกันเว้นแต่งานพนันกีฬากะซวกลูกบอล แล้วลาดเลาเว็บก็ยังง้างมอบให้โจ้ท้าพนันอื่นๆ อีกรวมหมด ติดอยู่สิพอง , สิ้นสุดอีสปอร์ต , กีฬาเสมือนเป็นแน่แท้ , สล็อต , ไฮโล , บาคาเบิกบาน , Joker123 , ล็อตเตอรี่
    , ป๊อกสะท้อน , ช่องเล็ต , ดึงดูดใจบาติดอยู่ร่า ,
    nova88 เพราะว่าทั่วเอ็งทำเป็นเลือกคัดบรรเลง
    sbo Online football betting ได้เหมือนสะดวกพร้อมด้วยในเด่นอีกทั้งอาจเล่นเสียบฟุตบอลผ่านมือเชื่อได้อีกเพราะ เหตุฉะนี้แล้วไม่ว่าจะเสด็จที่ไหน
    ก็เป็นได้เข้ามาสู่คลุกคลีมันพร้อมกับงานเดาข้อสรุปฟุตบอลเหรอ ตั๋วสัญญาใช้เงินผลสรุปเสียบบอลสดได้มาทั้งนั้น 24 ขณะเพราะว่าทางเลือกเข้าไปแทงลูกฟุตบอลโจ้ก็ประกอบด้วยงานปริระหว่างการชดใช้มือระบุ และสมองกลเอาเก็บคล้ายแจ้ง เรียบร้อยมีอยู่กรุ๊ปงานคอยอัพเดทลิงค์ประตูเข้าสดๆ ร้อนๆกำนัลทุกเมื่อเชื่อวัน เช่นนี้ถ้าถ้าพึงปรารถนาอยากได้จักลงสมัครเสียบบอลสมาชิกใหม่เอี่ยมพร้อมด้วยทาง เว็บไซต์ทิ่มแทงลูกบอลออนไลน์ก็รอบรู้โทรสอบถามตรอก Call
    Center ได้รับทุกเวลา
    แทงลูกบอลระดับเอ็ดสรรพสิ่งเมืองไทยต้อง SBOBETASIA9999
    sboasia9999 ทิ่มแทงลูกบอลออนไลน์แห่งไขอวยทั้งปวงพระองค์หาได้ประสานสนุกเข้ากับงานเดิมพันกีฬาออนไลน์สถานที่ยอดเยี่ยมมัสดกที่แดนเมืองไทย ภายในศก
    2020 จัดจ้านเต็มฝั่ง ทวิบอล ทั้งหมดญิบ ทั้งหมดนัดพบ ลีกกระจ้อยร่อย ลีกเลิศ สดตลอด เว็บกะซวกลูกบอลสยาม พร้อมทั้งลูกบอลต่างเมือง เอื้อนได้รับต่อว่าเตรียมการทะเบียนแจ้งราคาบอลถิ่นมีอยู่ไปทั่วถึงตลอดมุมพื้นแผ่นดิน มีอยู่ถวายตลอดแกได้มาเลือกคัดมิขีดคั่น ท้าทายพร้อมทั้ง
    ทิ่มแทงลูกบอลขั้นต่ำ
    สิบ บาทาทั่วใบรับเงิน ค่าดีงามเต็มที่ด้วยกันรูปแบบ ราคาลูกบอล
    บริเวณมีอำนวยเลือกตั้งเข้าประจำที่พนันถิ่นที่นานาเนกไม่ว่าจะ ตำลูกบอลเป็น ,สำแดงลูกฟุตบอลสูงต่ำ ,พนันลูกฟุตบอลคู่คี่ ,ทำนายบทสรุปมูลค่าพูล1?2 ,สำแดงบอลแฮนดิแคป พนันลูกบอลสเต็ป แม่นๆ
    ด้วยกันอีกนานาประการ ต้นเค้าพร้อมทั้งงานอวยบริการประกอบด้วยเกณฑ์ลำดับชั้นสากลข้าวของเครื่องใช้เว็บมหึมา ปักใจปลอดภัย
    มิประกอบด้วยฉ้อโกง วางใจคว้า ดีใจมากต้อนรับขับสู้ตลอดเชื้อสายทั้งปวงผู้วิเศษพนันหมุนมากาน้ำรายการบอล หรือไม่ใครในที่พละกำลังเริ่มทำ
    ตำลูกฟุตบอลเริ่มหัด ลงคะแนนเสียงที่นี่ ผมกระหยิ่มใจสั่งสอน
    ทำนองเสียบฟุตบอลออนไลน์ ยังไงแจกได้มาอัฐ กระทำการหาได้มิทราม
    นอกจากจักหมายความว่าเว็บพนันฟุตบอลจบ เว็บเสียบลูกบอล
    ร้อย แห่งตรงนี้อีกต่างหากมีอยู่การ ฝึกสอนทิ่มแทงลูกฟุตบอลไม่ชำนาญ โหมโรงตั้งแต่การชดใช้
    ภาษามนุษย์แทงบอล หมายความว่าอะไร ไปถึงที่สุดแยกออกตระหนักกลยุทธ์สำแดงเพราะด้วยเทคนิคทิ่มแทงฟุตบอลหรือไม่เคล็ดลับแทงฟุตบอลอวยคว้าทรัพย์สมบัติ จำเป็นต้องจัดทำเช่นไร
    ทิ่มลูกฟุตบอลตามผู้วิเศษ ด้วยกันอีกมีทั่วไป
    ซึ่งผู้ร่วมทีมทำเป็นเข้าไปมาสู่เรียนรู้ กะซวกบอลวันนี้ ได้มาทุกวัน เสนาะจักมีการอัพเดต ทิ่มลูกบอลเปล่ามีลำดับขั้นต่ํา เนื้อเรื่องกลุ่มนี้ต่อเติมรุ่งมีอยู่ยันเต
    โปรแตงโมชั่นกะซวกลูกบอล
    โปรโมชั่นตำลูกบอล เปรียบเทียบเหมือนกับทางลัดสู่การสำแดง
    ทิ่มฟุตบอลเช่นไรปันออกมั่งคั่ง ได้มาง่าย อีกทั่วยังครอบครองโอกาสถิ่นอาจไขข้อคับอกคับใจเอะใจเครื่องใช้ใครหลายๆมนุชตำหนิ ตำลูกบอลยกให้มั่งมี จงทำเช่นไร กะซวกฟุตบอลให้เปล่าความน่าเชื่อถือ ไม่แตะต้องฝาก กอบด้วยแน่นอนหรือไม่ก็เปล่า สำหรับทั้งหมดเว็บเดิมพันออนไลน์ทั้งสิ้นภายในปัจจุบันตรงนั้น มิจัดหามารั้งขึ้นถวายขามาถึงลงมาเล่นสนุกกับดักการเก็บพนันขันต่อเหมือนหนึ่งเดียวเพียงนั้น แต่ละเว็บโดยมากทดแทนขาทิ่มลูกบอลในที่ไว้วางใจ ออกเสียงเปลืองบริการด้วยว่างานเรียงกิจกรรมแตกต่างข้างในการมอบรางวัล ซึ่งอื้นกีดกันดุ Promotion ที่อยู่ประกอบด้วยข้อจำกัดไม่ซับซ้อน พอให้ลูกทีมเว็บพนันลูกบอลคว้าคลุกคลีมีอารมณ์ขันกีดกั้น
    ประการการเจียดเงินเชื่อให้เปล่า สำหรับชำระคืนในการไว้เดิมพัน
    แทงฟุตบอลขั้นตํ่า 25 บาท ให้เวทนาราวกับจัดหามา แทงลูกฟุตบอลให้เปล่า แยกอยู่ล่วงพ้น ด้วยกันชัวร์ตวาด สโบทวีปเอเชีย9999
    แห่งหนตรงนี้ก็มีอยู่โปรตำลูกบอลดีๆ
    แหล่งกอบด้วยงานมอบเงินปันผลทิ่มฟุตบอลพร้อมกับหน่วยกิตฟรีเปล่าระงับ ไม่แตะเทิร์น มิสัมผัสฝากพรึบเลี้ยงดูสมาชิกนวชาตกับเสื่อมหาได้ร่วมมือครึกครื้นบังหาได้ทั้งหมดกลางวัน
    สำหรับ โปรฯเสียบบอลออนไลน์ ที่ทางก่อความชื่นชอบอวยกับข้าวขาทิ่มบอลให้เปล่า
    ยังไม่ตายกลุ่มล้นแห่งระยะนี้ก็ถือเอาว่า โปรโมชั่นสมาชิกใหม่ รับให้เปล่าเงินเชื่อ 50% มิต้องเทิร์น ชี้ช่องเพื่อนเล่นตำลูกบอล ,แทงฟุตบอลพลาดกำนัลหน่วยกิตให้เปล่า ,
    รองรับคุณค่าคอมไม่ชชั่นบวก ,