Vegan Keto Diet: List of plant-based foods you can eat on the weight loss plan& |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- Most foods eaten on a regular keto diet are non-vegetarian foods, which cannot be consumed if someone is following a vegan diet
- Keto diet is an effective weight loss diet followed by people around the world
- Here are some plant-based foods that people on a weight loss vegan Keto diet can consume
New Delhi: The Keto diet or the Ketogenic diet is one of the most popular diet plans followed by people for quick weight loss. The diet comprises of low calorie, high-fat food, that help to put the body on the process of ketosis. This helps to burn fat, instead of carbohydrates, for the energy required by the body to perform every day activities, and hence helps in weight loss.
At the same time, a vegan diet has also been linked to many health benefits – ranging from weight loss to a healthier heart. So can people who want to stay vegan follow a keto diet? Well, yes, they can. However, most foods that are high in healthy fats are non-vegetarian or animal-based. Here is a list of plant-based foods that people who wish to follow a vegan keto diet can include on their plate to get the best of both worlds.
Foods you can eat on a Vegan Keto Diet
- Low-carb vegetables: Vegetables are one of the best things to include in your diet if you are trying to lose weight, and can be eaten on a keto diet as well. Instead of starchy vegetables like potatoes and corn, try to include more leafy greens, and water-rich vegetables in your diet.
- Fruits: Fresh fruits are a great way to add some natural sugar, fibre and nutrients to your diet. Fruits like avacados are also rich in healthy fats and are a great addition to a keto diet plan. Other fruits that you can eat on a keto vegan diet include apples, oranges, bananas, etc.
- Cheese: Cheese can be made from plant-based milk as well. If you are following a vegan keto diet, you can opt for plant-based cheese. Cheese is a type of healthy fat that helps the body get into the process of ketosis and is an important part of a keto diet plan.
- Plant-based yoghurts: Just like plant-based cheese, you may opt for plant-based yoghurt like coconut yoghurt. It adds flavour and taste to the food, and also helps you lose weight through the keto diet.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
For full coverage on Coronavirus pandemic, click here. Join the Times Group initiative #MaskIndia. Share a picture with your home-made mask on your social handles using #MaskIndia. The best picture will be featured in TOI and on maskindia.com