Home Diet Plan High-Carb Foods To Avoid While On The Keto Diet – Medical Daily

High-Carb Foods To Avoid While On The Keto Diet – Medical Daily

Trying to lose weight while on the famous keto diet? If so, then here are some high-carb foods that you need to stay away from.

By now, we should all be aware that the process of losing weight and shedding those extra pounds requires some very mindful eating as well as commitment. In fact, a lot even follow specific diet plans that allow them to lose a certain amount of weight in a certain period of time. One such plan is the ever-popular ketogenic (or keto) diet.

Popular among social media influencers and celebrities, the keto diet is promoted as a diet that is both sustainable and easy. But as mentioned above, losing weight requires mindful eating based on the diet plan you’re using. Following the keto diet means that you have to eat a low-carb and high-fat diet since the gist is to put your body into a process called ketosis, have it tap into your fat stores for energy that would lead to weight loss.

But avoiding high-carb foods that you’re used to can be tricky, which is why we’ve listed some that you need to steer clear of:

Fruits and Vegetables

While both of these are always a healthy addition to a diet, some of them are high in carbohydrates, such as corn, peas, squash, potatoes, bananas, oranges, blueberries and apples. Always make sure to do some research before eating a fruit or veggie.

Grains

Although generally healthy, grains should be avoided while on the keto diet since they’re rich in carbs. Foods like pasta and bread that are made from grains should be avoided as well.

Dairy

Despite being a rich source of protein, some dairy products such as yogurt, milk and cottage cheese are also rich in carbs and therefore should be off the table while on the diet.

Sugary Sodas and Beverages

Since sodas are filled with sugar that is straight-up carbohydrates, you need to avoid them if you’re on the keto diet. Instead, opt for water whenever you can. It’s healthier too.

The classic ketogenic diet is high in fat, low in carbohydrates, and moderate in protein. Image courtesy of Shutterstock

1. best web hosting 2020

August 10, 2020 at 4:47 pm

Hey very nice blog!

2. cheap flights

August 24, 2020 at 1:10 pm

My coder is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP.
    I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses.
    But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using WordPress on numerous websites for about a year and am anxious about
    switching to another platform. I have heard excellent things about blogengine.net.
    Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it?

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!
    y2yxvvfw cheap flights

3. cheap flights

August 25, 2020 at 2:39 am

Useful information. Fortunate me I found your site accidentally, and I am shocked why this coincidence did not happened in advance!
    I bookmarked it. 2CSYEon cheap flights

4. cheap flights

August 28, 2020 at 1:16 am

Heya just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the images aren’t loading properly.
    I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue. I’ve tried
    it in two different internet browsers and both show the same outcome.

5. black mass

August 31, 2020 at 12:50 am

Hi this is kinda of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
    I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

6. froleprotrem

September 3, 2020 at 6:26 pm

You are my aspiration, I own few blogs and occasionally run out from to post .