Home Health News Los Angeles Police Department officer and soon-to-be father dies of COVID-19 – CBS News

A Los Angeles Police Department officer and a soon-to-be father of twins has died of complications from the coronavirus on Friday. The city’s mayor has ordered all flags in the city to be lowered in honor of Officer Valentin “Val” Martinez.

Police said Martinez was expecting twins with his domestic partner who is 20-weeks pregnant. He is also survived by his mother and siblings, according to Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti.

Martinez was the first sworn LAPD officer to die from the virus and the second employee from the department, CBS Los Angeles reports. LAPD said Martinez, 45, was assigned to Mission Station and had joined the force in 2007.

“Officer Martinez committed his life to all of us … he was one of those frontline individuals who embodies this city government family,” Garcetti said Friday night during his coronavirus press briefing. “He made the ultimate sacrifice serving all of us … our city is grieving with his family and his loved ones.”

The Los Angeles Police Protective League said it would always remember Martinez’s service to the city, according to CBS LA.

“Today we mourn the loss of 45-year-old Los Angeles Police Officer Valentin ‘Val’ Martinez, who succumbed today from complications related to COVID-19,” the union said in a statement, CBS LA reported. “He was a hero lost way too early in life.”

CBS LA said earlier in July, Erica McAdoo, a 39-year-old LAPD senior detention officer, died from the coronavirus. The LA metro area is among the nation’s coronavirus hot spots. LA County recorded 166,848 coronavirus cases and 4,262 deaths from the disease, according to CBS LA.

1. Brant Ledenbach

May 10, 2021 at 7:47 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

2. Dominic Partenope

May 11, 2021 at 11:46 pm

3. Harold Mackechnie

May 16, 2021 at 6:27 pm

I don’t know about you guys but I infatuated with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/10/us-airways-denied-a-liquor-license-in-new-mexico/

4. Jeanene Mounts

May 17, 2021 at 1:57 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

5. Donnell Paulhus

May 17, 2021 at 7:01 pm

I don’t know about you guys but I infatuated with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/02/photo-of-boeings-first-747-8-intercontinental-in-a-shocking-livery/

6. Zenobia Yordy

May 19, 2021 at 10:04 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

7. Jeri Coroniti

May 20, 2021 at 6:12 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

8. Ashlea Kababik

May 21, 2021 at 6:52 pm

I don’t know about you people but I love airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/05/airline-livery-of-the-week-airasias-formula-1-livery/

9. Nam Schwisow

May 23, 2021 at 6:16 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl authors and blogs

10. Lupe Gungor

May 28, 2021 at 6:54 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

11. Cami Bednarik

May 29, 2021 at 7:06 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

12. Mercedez Lemm

May 30, 2021 at 7:57 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

13. Agatha Ozog

May 30, 2021 at 4:21 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

14. Coleman Grodi

June 3, 2021 at 1:26 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs