Home Diet Plan Weight loss misconceptions to look out for – The Jakarta Post – Jakarta Post

Weight loss misconceptions to look out for – The Jakarta Post – Jakarta Post

With the digital era allowing us to find just about anything on the internet, information overload can be harmful, particularly when it comes to your health. Diet plans like keto and paleo once took over social media with success stories on weight loss, but there are certain fallacies you need to be cautious of when you’re thinking about changing your diet.

On that topic, below is a list compiled by Reader’s Digest on weight loss misconceptions.

1. Cutting too many kilojoules

Decreasing your food intake may seem “logical” to lose weight, but not eating enough can actually make your metabolism slower, which will make you digest food longer.

“Even if you’re restricting kilojoules healthfully, it’s hard to meet all your nutritional needs when you go too low,” said dietitian Samantha Heller.

This type of weight loss method is also unsustainable, since your body will not be able to go on a nutritional deficit for long periods of time without health consequences. Instead of significantly cutting down your intake, consider your size, daily activity and other factors on how much energy you need.

2. Cutting out entire food groups

Eliminating food groups, especially carbohydrates, has become a popular way of losing weight. However, our bodies need all food groups to have a balanced diet, and losing one of them can lead to health problems.

“Skimping on whole grains means skimping on energy, as well as fiber, B vitamins, vitamin E, protein and antioxidants. They also help balance sugar highs and lows,” said Heller.

Any weight loss plan that cuts out entire food groups should be considered potentially unhealthy. Instead, you can read labels and control your portions to make sure you are not overeating.

Read also: Seven myths about weight loss and why you can ignore them

3. Late night eating

Although studies have shown that eating late at night can affect one’s weight, cutting off eating at a set time can lead to bingeing in the future.

Continuously eating throughout the evening, however, is a pattern that Heller doesn’t recommend. To prevent this, portioning out your meals and sitting down at a table instead of being distracted by television is a good way to practice balanced eating.

4. Not sticking to healthy behavior

Busy schedules can discourage us from missing a workout or taking extra time to cook ourselves dinner instead of getting takeout, and that may affect how we feel.

Incorporating small but consistent healthy patterns not only regulates your body but also makes it feel lighter and healthier, according to dietitian Brooke Alpert.

By turning such behavior into habits, you will soon do things like exercise and eat whole, home-made meals as part of your routine. (car/wng)

Your premium period will expire in 0 day(s)

close x

Awesome 🙂

5. Sandi Caruana

August 17, 2020 at 10:11 pm

Awesome 🙂

6. Tatyana Thiemann

November 12, 2020 at 10:56 am

I’m not sure why but this blog is loading incredibly slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a issue on my end? I’ll check back later on and see if the problem still exists.

7. zortilonrel

November 13, 2020 at 8:56 am

I enjoy the efforts you have put in this, appreciate it for all the great blog posts.

8. Valentine Grodi

May 11, 2021 at 8:45 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

9. Avril Schunk

May 12, 2021 at 8:51 am

10. Clayton Rizzolo

May 16, 2021 at 9:45 pm

I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/06/designing-a-cube-shaped-jet-is-not-easy/

11. Tiffanie Sornsen

May 17, 2021 at 12:21 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

12. stornobrzinol

May 17, 2021 at 2:14 pm

Wonderful goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just too magnificent. I really like what you’ve acquired here, really like what you’re stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it smart. I can not wait to read far more from you. This is really a tremendous web site.

13. Luba Payeur

May 19, 2021 at 9:17 am

I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/03/opinion-from-someone-who-has-flown-ryanair/

14. Vivan Chestang

May 20, 2021 at 8:19 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

15. Columbus Degeest

May 21, 2021 at 6:47 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

16. Brant Ledenbach

May 22, 2021 at 6:51 am

I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/06/mark-malkoff-will-be-on-an-airtran-plane-for-30-straight-days/

17. Hubert Gluck

May 23, 2021 at 8:42 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

18. Yolando Delgiudice

May 29, 2021 at 10:06 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

19. Nickolas Vanhampler

May 30, 2021 at 10:55 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl authors and blogs

20. Corey Steffani

May 31, 2021 at 9:39 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

21. Joeann Kyzer

June 6, 2021 at 8:59 am

22. Tyron Suehs

June 7, 2021 at 8:18 am

23. Gerardo Argrave

June 21, 2021 at 9:08 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

24. Fókuszpályázat

July 21, 2021 at 7:44 am

Valuable information. Fortunate me I found your web site by accident, and I am surprised why this twist of fate didn’t happened earlier! I bookmarked it.

25. SW Smiles Dental Implants

September 11, 2021 at 12:07 pm

I really appreciate this post. I have been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thank you again!