Home Health News ‘So far, so good’ says AstraZeneca on leading Covid-19 vaccine – Hindustan Times

Britain’s AstraZeneca said on Thursday that “good data was coming in so far” on its vaccine for Covid-19, already in large-scale human trials and widely seen as the front-runner in the race for a shot against the coronavirus disease.

“The vaccine development is progressing well. We have had good data so far. We need to show the efficacy in the clinical programme, but so far, so good,” chief executive Pascal Soriot said on a media call.

Click here for full Covid-19 coverage

AstraZeneca has already reached deals with countries to make more than 2 billion doses of its Covid-19 vaccine, developed in partnership with the University of Oxford, and says it could be approved by the end of this year.

The company has had a busy few months — it took on development of the Covid-19 shot, received billions in government funding, signed several supply deals, and was even the subject of a mega-merger speculation, all the while marching on with its core business.

Hindustantimes

There are no approved vaccines for the illness caused by the new virus, but AstraZeneca’s shot is widely considered the leading candidate after results from early-stage human trials showed it was safe and produced an immune response.

The drugmaker, Britain’s most valuable listed company, also announced second quarter results that beat its sales and profit estimates, thanks to strong sales from a diverse product line-up.

Among drugs with better-than-expected revenues, sales of respiratory drug Symbicort rose 12% to $653 million, about $90 million above consensus, while revenue from cancer drug Lynparza jumped 62% to $554 million.

Newer drugs for diabetes, heart conditions and cancer, including its top-selling lung cancer drug Tagrisso, performed well in the quarter and AstraZeneca remains on track for a third consecutive year of growth.

It stuck by its 2020 outlook on Thursday, and its shares were up about 3% at 88.6 pounds after product sales of $6.05 billion in the three months to June surpassed consensus of $6.01 billion. The figure excludes payments from tie-ups.

Core earnings of 96 cents per share beat analysts’ expectation of 93 cents. Total revenue rose 11%.

1. Laurence Christofferso

May 11, 2021 at 9:19 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

2. Kari Isales

May 12, 2021 at 9:00 am

3. Marica Kuczma

May 16, 2021 at 9:50 pm

I don’t know about you all but I love airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/05/boeing-starts-assembly-of-the-boeing-747-8-intercontinental/

4. Tod Laxen

May 18, 2021 at 7:34 am

I don’t know about you people but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/01/video-the-first-boeing-747-8-intercontinental-has-a-first-simulated-flight/

5. Linda Ploude

May 20, 2021 at 8:25 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

6. Courtney Laudadio

May 22, 2021 at 6:56 am

I don’t know about you people but I am obsessed with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/09/guest-blog-airline-simulation/

7. Jacquetta Goutremout

May 23, 2021 at 8:47 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

8. Ashlea Kababik

May 28, 2021 at 9:33 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl authors and blogs

9. Andres Harty

May 31, 2021 at 9:44 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl authors and blogs

10. Vinita Juliano

June 4, 2021 at 11:15 pm

11. Rueben Chenette

April 14, 2022 at 8:28 pm

Hiya, I am really glad I’ve found this information. Nowadays bloggers publish only about gossip and net stuff and this is really annoying. A good website with exciting content, this is what I need. Thank you for making this website, and I’ll be visiting again. Do you do newsletters by email?

12. Dick Hodgdon

April 19, 2022 at 12:37 pm

People have admired good china pottery for centuries, but collecting run of the mill domestic pottery and local wares is a more recent interest.

13. mua đất sạch trồng cây

June 9, 2022 at 5:45 pm

you may have an incredible weblog here! would you wish to make some invite posts on my blog?

14. magnificent post, very informative. I’m wondering why the other experts of this sector don’t notice this. You should proceed your writing. I’m confident, you’ve a huge readers’ base already!

15. website du lịch ktovn

July 20, 2022 at 8:50 am

At this time it seems like WordPress is the top blogging platform available right now. (from what I’ve read) Is that what you are using on your blog?

16. blog du lịch việt ktovn

July 26, 2022 at 6:16 am

Its such as you learn my mind! You appear to grasp a lot about this, such as you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you simply can do with some percent to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is fantastic blog. An excellent read. I’ll certainly be back.

17. Giống Shiba

August 13, 2022 at 6:31 am

Hi! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers? I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked hard on. Any tips?

18. ufa

September 28, 2022 at 2:58 am

Your content’s so helpful. ยูฟ่า Dumpbet69 อยากรู้ทุกเรื่อง ยูฟ่า https://dumpbet69.com

19. global outsourcing in healthcare delivery

October 17, 2022 at 9:27 am

Hi, I am a huge fan of your blog! I can totally relate to this as I work as a virtual nurse for a BPO provider.