Home Health Tips Three health tips for heading back to school – Medical Xpress

Three health tips for heading back to school – Medical Xpress

school
Credit: Unsplash/CC0 Public Domain

Shopping for school supplies is often a regular ritual for many students. But parents also need to make sure that their children are healthy before the first school bell rings.

As come to a close, it’s time to get kids ready for a new year of reading, writing and arithmetic. Mayo Clinic family physician Dr. Tina Ardon has three easy tips for heading back to school.

“No. 1 would be to make sure your child’s exam (is) up to date,” says Dr. Ardon.

If it’s been a year or more, your child should see a and ensure immunizations are up to date.

No. 2: Make an eye appointment, especially if your young one has been having issues with vision.

“You hate to start back at school if we’re having trouble seeing the board or reading our books,” says Dr. Ardon.

And the third tip …

” … I would want to make sure our are really looking at getting back on a good routine in terms of sleeping and ,” she says.

While summer bedtime may have been all over the map, as school gets set to start, get your kids back on a regular sleep schedule. And limit the amount of time spent in front of the TV, computer and other electronic devices. That will help with sleep, too.

Explore further

Vaccines, routines and screens: Tips for a healthy school year from a physician mom

©2020 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

Citation:
Three health tips for heading back to school (2020, September 2)
retrieved 2 September 2020
from https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-09-health-school.html

This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no
part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only.

1. froleprotrem

September 4, 2020 at 3:06 am

You are my inhalation, I own few web logs and very sporadically run out from brand :). “Follow your inclinations with due regard to the policeman round the corner.” by W. Somerset Maugham.

2. ปั้มไลค์

September 7, 2020 at 6:54 pm

Like!! Really appreciate you sharing this blog post.Really thank you! Keep writing.

3. A big thank you for your article.

4. I really like and appreciate your blog post.

5. เบอร์สวยมงคล

September 7, 2020 at 6:58 pm

I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This article posted at this web site is in fact pleasant.

6. SMS

September 7, 2020 at 7:00 pm

Very good article! We are linking to this particularly great content on our site. Keep up the great writing.

7. William Frezza

May 11, 2021 at 11:07 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

8. Carri Knipping

May 12, 2021 at 9:27 am

9. Corina Soper

May 16, 2021 at 10:38 pm

I don’t know about you all but I am obsessed with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/12/ryanair-backs-out-of-buying-boeing-737e28099s-or-are-they/

10. Phuong Navaretta

May 18, 2021 at 7:53 am

I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/06/are-we-losing-something-by-constant-entertainment-boredom-rules/

11. Peg Ruvalcaba

May 19, 2021 at 9:42 am

I don’t know about you people but I infatuated with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/05/airbus-reveals-new-livery/

12. Norine Rave

May 20, 2021 at 8:47 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

13. Skye Cashin

May 21, 2021 at 7:09 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

14. Darrell Panduro

May 23, 2021 at 9:01 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

15. Huey Durfey

May 28, 2021 at 9:48 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

16. Mirtha Madrid

June 1, 2021 at 8:42 am

17. Jenni Boaldin

June 5, 2021 at 11:31 am

18. Derick Meece

June 13, 2021 at 12:50 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

19. Myrtis Speegle

June 14, 2021 at 2:57 am

I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/06/pictures-korean-air-boeing-747-8/

20. Carissa Nutile

June 15, 2021 at 11:54 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs