Home Weight Loss Tips 5 Important Tips to Make Your Weight Loss Plans actually WORK! – BOXROX

5 Important Tips to Make Your Weight Loss Plans actually WORK! – BOXROX

Aside from being a coach, I am a psychologist who specializes in working with clients struggling with weight loss and obesity. The work with my clients is focused on the thinking and behaviour patterns that lead to obesity. Making Crossfit work for weight loss requires a different approach than for your average or athletic member. Of course they can benefit, but we must account for their starting points, physically and psychologically.

Although every individual is unique, there are some common themes that affect a great majority of overweight people. An awareness of these and how they might sit easily or awkwardly in the box will be the key to achieving weight loss success with Crossfit.

1. Weight Loss – “I’ve tried every diet and nothing’s worked for me.”

Looking for the ‘magic feather’- The famously common phrase I hear at the first consultation: “I’ve tried every diet and nothing has worked for me.” Maybe you’ve heard this one. Maybe you’ve uttered it. It reminds me of the scene from Dumbo where he’s convinced holding a feather makes him fly. Later he discovers that he does the flying, not the feather and he lives happily ever after.

weight loss for Crossfitters

What we know about weight loss is similar to what we know about all physical fitness adaptations: that it happens because of a multitude of small, consistent changes over time. There is no ‘magic feather’; no quick fix solution solution.

There is actually no diet or exercise plan that “works”. New members come along who might see Crossfit as the next possible miracle solution. But being surrounded by athletes whose level of “buff-ness” seems beyond the realms of possibility can either inspire the overweight member or feed the assumption that this is the holy grail – the magic feather that will now solve all their weight woes.

Weight loss

The truth is that nobody, even the “uber-buff” six pack doing muscle ups has found the magic solution. Instead lots of discipline, mistakes, planning, preparation and learning has paved the way.  These same principles also hold true for any successful dieter – in or out of Crossfit. If you are trying to lose weight or you’re a coach supporting your members, you’ll want to fight against the magic feather concept at the box. For Crossfit to work for weight loss, we have to guard against looking for short term solutions.

Losing weight for a holiday or wedding are doomed to failure in the long term. Partly because they probably include drastic, unsustainable changes to diet and exercise which might leave the hopeful dieter starving, sore and possibly injured. Next stop, binge town, drop out and diet failure. At the box, these people will come religiously and then not at all. Encourage instead, the concept of small changes and building skills and strength gradually over a long period of time. Every step is a useful one, even if we don’t see the results immediately.

1. Aide Pica

September 14, 2020 at 10:05 am

ynx9vagbk7i3e13a665sz1l1575zo9q2mkchrfp4369f7ohq5g3z

2. Thanks for your hard work.

3. Donette Garriss

November 12, 2020 at 4:32 pm

I’ve been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or blog posts on this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this web site. Reading this information So i am happy to convey that I’ve a very good uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I most certainly will make certain to do not forget this web site and give it a glance regularly.

4. zortilonrel

November 13, 2020 at 2:49 pm

It’s perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I have read this publish and if I may I want to suggest you some attention-grabbing issues or tips. Maybe you can write next articles regarding this article. I want to read more issues approximately it!

5. malatya escort

February 4, 2021 at 8:36 pm

esenyurt escort bayanar bu sitede üstelik hepsi ücretsiz…

6. denizli escort

February 5, 2021 at 8:29 am

7. iskenderun escort

February 5, 2021 at 9:38 am

iskenderun escort bayanlarla tanışmak için bu siteyi ziyaret edebilirsiniz.

8. mersin escort

February 5, 2021 at 4:17 pm

esenyurt escort bayanar bu sitede üstelik hepsi ücretsiz…

9. runtz

February 12, 2021 at 3:50 am

The love of evil is the root of all money.

10. vreyrolinomit

February 26, 2021 at 3:07 pm

Hello my family member! I wish to say that this post is amazing, nice written and include almost all significant infos. I would like to see extra posts like this .

11. pool demolition

April 24, 2021 at 12:55 am

To cultivate trees you need 10 years. To cultivate people you need 100 years.

12. Lillie Guggenheim

May 11, 2021 at 1:15 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

13. Cordia Lena

May 12, 2021 at 9:58 am

14. construction dumpster rentals austin

May 15, 2021 at 10:54 pm

God makes the back to the burden.

15. Cesar Bacik

May 16, 2021 at 10:56 pm

I don’t know about you people but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/09/more-pictures-allegiant-air-boeing-757/

16. stornobrzinol

May 17, 2021 at 12:46 am

I real glad to find this website on bing, just what I was looking for : D as well saved to my bookmarks.

17. Sherman Vastine

May 17, 2021 at 1:03 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

18. Jamel Foppe

May 20, 2021 at 9:12 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

19. Fredrick Steidl

May 22, 2021 at 7:27 am

I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/04/i-vote-the-window-seat-is-the-best/

20. Audrie Honey

June 3, 2021 at 4:45 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

21. Lacy Carrell

June 4, 2021 at 6:19 am

22. Vickey Maile

June 7, 2021 at 10:23 am

23. Thurman Henry

June 13, 2021 at 7:56 am

I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/09/airline-plays-wrong-message-passengers-told-the-plane-was-crashing/

24. Salvatore Ibach

June 15, 2021 at 9:06 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

25. https://europa-road.eu/

August 21, 2021 at 8:56 am

It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

26. pályázatírás Debrecen Fókuszpályázat

September 11, 2021 at 5:25 pm

I always was concerned in this subject and stock still am, thanks for putting up.