Home Health News Fauci warns these 7 states are at risk for COVID-19 surge over Labor Day weekend – New York Post

Residents of seven Midwest states need to be on high alert for catching COVID-19 over Labor Day weekend, Dr. Anthony Fauci cautioned.

“There are several states that are at risk for surging, namely North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Arkansas, Missouri, Indiana, Illinois,” Fauci, the director of National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told Bloomberg in an interview published Thursday.

“Those states are starting to see an increase in the percent positive of their testing; that is generally predictive that there’s going to be a problem.”

Illinois is currently the riskiest state with the most confirmed cases compared to the other six, John Hopkins University data shows. There’s 241,704 confirmed cases in the Prairie State; 96,854 in Indiana; 89,639 in Missouri; 67,692 in Iowa; 63,081 in Arkansas; 14,337 in South Dakota; and 12,977 in North Dakota, Newsweek reported.

Aside from confirmed cases, Illinois also has the highest number of deaths compared to the other states with at least 8,324, the outlet said.

Indiana comes in second with 3,332 deaths.

Fauci cautioned the numbers are troubling and a Labor Day weekend filled with large gatherings in these states could cause an uptick in cases, as have other holiday weekends. He spoke with Vice President Mike Pence and several governors to warn them about the potential for a spike and to urge social distancing and mask wearing, Bloomberg reported.

“If we’re careless about it, then we could wind up with a surge following Labor Day,” Fauci said. “It really depends on how we behave as a country.”

Jason Campbell adjusts a giant face mask on the Abraham Lincoln statue at the Illinois State Fairgrounds today.Ted Schurter/The State Journal-Register via AP

1. Darrin Malekzadeh

May 10, 2021 at 9:44 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

2. Lacy Tangren

May 12, 2021 at 6:54 am

3. Emil Hefferan

May 16, 2021 at 8:16 pm

I don’t know about you all but I am obsessed with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/05/general-aviation-day-is-this-saturday-at-paine-field/

4. Rudy Peckman

May 17, 2021 at 11:05 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

5. Ria Malin

May 18, 2021 at 2:29 am

I don’t know about you all but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/05/to-boldy-go/

6. Yuriko Schabbing

May 19, 2021 at 7:54 am

I don’t know about you people but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/05/two-regional-jet-pilots-forget-to-start-second-engine/

7. Katelynn Uzdygan

May 20, 2021 at 6:51 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

8. Hans Bessellieu

May 21, 2021 at 8:41 pm

I don’t know about you guys but I infatuated with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/02/video-of-the-boeing-747-8-landing/

9. Lenard Puccio

May 23, 2021 at 7:46 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

10. Michale Hartup

May 28, 2021 at 8:29 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

11. Melina Tsutsui

May 29, 2021 at 8:58 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

12. Johnsie Ramoutar

May 31, 2021 at 8:27 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

13. Mervin Avelino