Home Diet Plan UK weight-loss diet plan sparks fortification versus clean label debate – FoodNavigator.com

The NHS announced that 5,000 more people in England with type 2 diabetes will be offered the chance to try the ‘life-saving’ soup and shake diet weight-loss plan for free.

Diabetes is estimated to cost the NHS £10 billion a year, while almost one in 20 prescriptions written by doctors is for diabetes treatment. NHS research earlier this year also revealed people with type 2 diabetes were two times more at risk of dying from coronavirus.

Some NHS patients have already benefited from the year-long diet and exercise plan, consisting of ‘total diet replacement products’ such as shakes and soups alongside support to increase their exercise levels, so NHS England wants to offer the scheme to more people.

Results from one trial showed almost half of those who went on the diet achieved remission of their type 2 diabetes after one year.

The programme is in addition to the Healthier You NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme, which has had over 600,000 referrals.

Professor Jonathan Valabhji, NHS national clinical director for diabetes and obesity said: “This is the latest example of how the NHS, through our Long Term Plan​, is rapidly adopting the latest evidence-based treatments to help people stay well, maintain a healthy weight and avoid major diseases.

“There has never been a more important time to lose weight and put their type 2 diabetes into remission, so it’s good news for thousands of people across the country that practical, supportive measures like this are increasingly available on the NHS.”

1. Arthur Struckman

November 12, 2020 at 6:52 pm

I absolutely love your blog and find almost all of your post’s to be just what I’m looking for. Do you offer guest writers to write content for you personally? I wouldn’t mind publishing a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write regarding here. Again, awesome site!

2. stornobrzinol

May 14, 2021 at 9:16 am

Excellent beat ! I wish to apprentice whilst you amend your site, how can i subscribe for a blog site? The account helped me a applicable deal. I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear idea

3. Alberto Dy

June 5, 2021 at 12:01 pm

4. Donnie Sannon

June 7, 2021 at 9:19 am

5. Everette Sunde

June 9, 2021 at 7:37 am

6. Hayden Birak

June 13, 2021 at 9:53 am

I don’t know about you people but I love airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/10/how-one-photo-can-show-the-difference-between-bloggers-and-legacy-media/

7. Earnest Bullara

June 14, 2021 at 12:25 am

I don’t know about you all but I am obsessed with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/06/mexico-grounds-aviacsa-airlines/

8. Dori Sahm

June 15, 2021 at 12:06 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

9. Fókuszpályázat

August 13, 2021 at 2:27 am

Some truly interesting info , well written and broadly speaking user genial.

10. Thrifty car hire London

September 11, 2021 at 5:51 pm

You actually make it appear really easy along with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually one thing which I believe I would never understand. It kind of feels too complex and extremely wide for me. I am looking forward for your next publish, I?¦ll try to get the cling of it!

11. free chat fcn

September 12, 2021 at 12:23 am

Thank you I am going to share my friends your page.

12. Olympia Osterberger

September 15, 2021 at 7:18 am

You are an great writer! I just bookmarked your page.

13. Denny Allensworth

September 16, 2021 at 3:54 pm

You saved me so much time glad I found your webpage.