Home Health News Massachusetts reports 4 new human West Nile virus cases – Fox News

Massachusetts reports 4 new human West Nile virus cases – Fox News

Massachusetts health officials this week announced four new human cases of West Nile virus, bringing the state’s total this year to seven.

Three males and one female were infected, officials said. A male in his 40s, one in his 60s, and one in his 80s were all exposed to the virus in Middlesex County. The fourth case was reported in a female under the age of 19. She was exposed in Bristol County, per a news release from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.

WEST NILE VIRUS OVERLOOKED DURING CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC? PUBLIC HEALTH EXPERT CITES SIMILAR SYMPTOMS

Their conditions were not made clear.

West Nile virus —  which was first reported in the U.S. in 1999 — is typically spread by infected mosquitoes. Though side effects can be severe, most people who are infected experience little to no symptoms and fully recover.

A small percentage of people infected with West Nile virus — roughly 1 in 5 — develop a fever and may additionally experience headaches, body aches, vomiting, diarrhea, or a rash, among other side effects. Even rarer, about 1 in 150 people who are infected with the mosquito-linked ailment can develop a serious illness, such as inflammation of the spinal cord or brain, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The Mayo Clinic warns people who are older, as well as those with pre-existing medical conditions, are more susceptible to the virus.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP

Wearing insect repellent and protective clothing, as well as draining standing water around gardens and homes where mosquitoes can lay eggs, can be helpful in reducing the risk of sustaining a mosquito bite, ultimately mitigating the risk of developing West Nile virus.

This year, the Bay State has reported seven human cases of West Nile virus. In 2019, the state saw five.

1. Barbara Keesey

January 12, 2021 at 6:33 am

Very well said, your blog says it all about that particular topic.:-,*;

2. Tinder dating site

January 23, 2021 at 12:36 pm

tinder website , tindr https://tinderdatingsiteus.com/

3. Zola Matelski

May 11, 2021 at 10:33 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

4. Jonathan Skillan

May 12, 2021 at 9:19 am

5. Giuseppina Caudillo

May 16, 2021 at 10:02 pm

I don’t know about you all but I love airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/01/short-take-virgin-american-launch-customer-for-airbus-a320neo/

6. Kristal Ohrnstein

May 17, 2021 at 12:39 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

7. Mac Brighton

May 18, 2021 at 7:47 am

I don’t know about you all but I am obsessed with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2008/08/a-boeing-md-82-crashes-some-surviors/

8. Winfred Forcello

May 19, 2021 at 9:37 am

I don’t know about you all but I love airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/08/airline-livery-of-the-week-flydubai/

9. Dane Howles

May 20, 2021 at 8:41 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

10. Stephany Hyer

May 21, 2021 at 7:04 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

11. Kayla Nordsiek

May 22, 2021 at 7:06 am

I don’t know about you all but I am obsessed with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/04/flying-a-helicopter-from-xenonproject-com/

12. Rigoberto Mohr

May 28, 2021 at 9:43 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

13. Mohammad Jarrel

May 30, 2021 at 11:11 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

14. Olinda Nebeker

June 3, 2021 at 4:25 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs