Home Health Tips Latino Life: Dr. Carmela Sosa shares wildfire safety and health tips – KFSN-TV

Latino Life: Dr. Carmela Sosa shares wildfire safety and health tips – KFSN-TV

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) — The Creek wildfire has forced thousands of evacuations and is also affecting our local air quality.

Dr. Carmela Sosa from Valley Children’s Hospital shares some helpful tips.

Click here for the latest stories, videos from the Creek Fire.

“Number one. stay indoors as much as possible. Avoid strenuous activity outside,” said Dr. Sosa.

She went on to add, “Although it’s important to keep wearing a mask during this time of COVID and to protect you from COVID, know that a mask will not protect you from the harmful effect of ash and smoke. If at all possible keep a 7 to 10-day medication on hand in the event that you will still need to be evacuated.”

When should you call the doctor? “If your child has any trouble breathing, is having a cough that’s uncontrollable, symptoms that won’t go away, child is sleepy, unable to arouse, is not eating or drinking, it’s important to call your medical provider right away.”

Click here for the latest stories, videos from the Creek Fire.

Get more tips in English and Spanish here.

Copyright © 2020 KFSN-TV. All Rights Reserved.

1. Miquel Sweney

January 12, 2021 at 5:14 am

produce,It happens to be love people raised countless party while in the turntable, the main turntable will not avoid so that the overall victorious one that will not always appreciate what people.

2. Cleo Byther

June 4, 2021 at 12:03 pm

3. Patrina Brundrett

June 8, 2021 at 1:19 am

4. Karl Kiefert

June 12, 2021 at 10:33 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

5. Keith Soja

June 13, 2021 at 9:00 am

I don’t know about you people but I infatuated with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/10/video-sikorsky-x2-helicopter-reaches-260kts/

6. Austin Stallones

June 13, 2021 at 11:29 pm

I don’t know about you guys but I am obsessed with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/12/a-look-back-at-2010/