Home Healthy Eating Listen Up! What You Eat Can Protect Your Hearing – ConsumerReports.org

Listen Up! What You Eat Can Protect Your Hearing – ConsumerReports.org

I tell all my patients with hearing loss to follow a heart-healthy diet,” Woodson says. “If it’s good for your heart, it’s going to be good for your ears, as well.”

Heart-healthy eating patterns, including the three approaches used in Curhan’s studies, are mostly centered on lots of high-quality plant-based foods and low amounts of animal-based foods, refined grains, added sugars, and unhealthy fats. To make it easy, Curhan recommends at each meal filling half your plate with fruits and veggies (but limiting starchy ones, like potatoes). The other half should be made up of whole grains and plant-based protein, such as tofu, lentils, or nuts most days, with fish and modest amounts lean meat, and poultry less often. Unsaturated oils such as olive or vegetable oils can also be used.

In general, to maintain healthy hearing, it’s best to focus on getting most of the key hearing nutrients through food sources rather than supplements, Woodson says. “Nutritional supplements do not play a role in hearing health.”

1. zortilonrel

November 14, 2020 at 4:16 pm

Some genuinely good info , Glad I found this.

2. Roni Thacher

January 12, 2021 at 5:06 am

Me and my good friend were arguing about an issue similar to that! Nowadays I know that I was perfect. lol! Thanks for the information you post.

3. Jesusa Meggerson

May 11, 2021 at 6:46 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

4. stornobrzinol

May 16, 2021 at 1:06 am

I like what you guys are up also. Such intelligent work and reporting! Carry on the superb works guys I?¦ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it’ll improve the value of my site 🙂

5. storno brzinol

May 23, 2021 at 3:00 am

Howdy! This post could not be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this article to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

6. Penelope Gnagey

June 4, 2021 at 12:03 pm

7. Noah Huft

June 5, 2021 at 6:38 am

8. Katrice Terhorst

June 7, 2021 at 6:16 pm

9. Dee Gagliardo

June 13, 2021 at 3:35 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

10. Imogene Sibrian

June 13, 2021 at 1:07 pm

I don’t know about you guys but I am obsessed with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/04/sun-country-airlines-is-making-profit-sale-is-not-imminent/