Home Healthy Eating KDHE encourages active living and healthy eating habits – Great Bend Tribune

KDHE encourages active living and healthy eating habits – Great Bend Tribune

TOPEKA – The Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) encourages Kansans to adopt active living and healthy eating habits in response to an adult obesity report today by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The 2019 report shows that more than one-third of Kansas adults ages 18 and older are obese, or 35.2 percent. This is up slightly from 34.4 percent in 2018.

KDHE understands that while individuals can take steps to improve their health, there are environmental and system changes that can be made to also encourage population-level change. KDHE provides funding and guidance to the Chronic Disease Risk Reduction community grantees that have chosen to address reducing obesity through policy, system and environmental strategies. Projects include adopting and implementing healthy community design principles that support residents in walking or biking places, providing access to healthy foods and expanding farmer’s markets.

“Obesity can put you at risk for health conditions such as heart disease, stroke and type 2 diabetes. It can also increase your risk of complications if you do have COVID-19,” Dr. Lee Norman, KDHE Secretary, said, “As we navigate this pandemic, it’s imperative that we all take preventative actions where we can to mitigate this virus’ impact. Simple things like taking a walk, going for a bicycle ride, adjusting our diet can make a big difference in our overall health.”

Kansans can also do the following to improve their health:

• Get adequate sleep

• Drink more water

• Eat more vegetables

• Find healthy ways to cope with stress

• Get outdoors while the weather is still good!

• Use fitness apps or videos

“Addressing obesity requires both personal and community action,” Dr. Norman said. “It takes all of us working together to make a difference.”

More information on specific initiatives can be found atwww.kdheks.gov/bhp/pan/index.htm.

1. Kanesha Bunes

November 12, 2020 at 5:07 pm

Hello! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from an established blog. Is it tough to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I’m thinking about making my own but I’m not sure where to begin. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Appreciate it

2. zortilo nrel

November 13, 2020 at 3:23 pm

Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Extremely useful information particularly the last part 🙂 I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this particular info for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.

3. Krystyna Rosales

January 12, 2021 at 5:12 am

I couldn’t refrain from writing comments. “Diversity the art of thinking independently together.” by Malcolm Stevenson Forbes..

4. Gilberto Niedzwiecki

May 10, 2021 at 11:55 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

5. stornobrzinol

May 13, 2021 at 8:45 pm

I like the valuable information you supply to your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and take a look at again right here frequently. I’m slightly certain I will be told many new stuff right here! Good luck for the following!

6. Naomi Deck

June 4, 2021 at 9:59 am

7. Bobette Wodarski

June 12, 2021 at 8:38 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

8. Loralee Conolly

June 13, 2021 at 7:12 am

I don’t know about you guys but I infatuated with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/05/crankyfliercom-interviews-air-new-zealand-ceo/

9. Margret Mantyla

June 21, 2021 at 9:43 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs