Home Health News UK medical experts raise nation's COVID-19 alert level, say cases are rising 'rapidly and probably exponent… – Fox News

As coronavirus cases in the United Kingdom are rising “rapidly and probably exponentially,” medical experts are raising the nation’s COVID-19 alert level.

On Sunday the country recorded 3,899 new COVID-19 cases and a further 18 deaths; the official death toll from COVID-19 is 41,777 people, while total confirmed cases are about to reach 400,000.

CORONAVIRUS: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

“At the moment, we think the epidemic is doubling roughly every seven days,” the UK’s Government’s chief scientific adviser, Sir Patrick Vallance, said at a briefing held at Downing Street Monday.

He added: “If that continues unabated and this grows, doubling every seven days … if that continued, you would end up with something like 50,000 cases in the middle of October per day. The challenge, therefore, is to make sure the doubling time does not stay at seven days.”

England’s chief medical officer, Chris Whitty, said citizens will have to rally together to slow down the spread.

“We should see this as a six-month problem that we have to deal with collectively,” he said. “It’s not indefinite and … science will in due course ride to our rescue. But in this period of the next six months, I think we have to realize that we have to take this collectively very seriously.”

CLICK HERE FOR FULL CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE

Those who violate self-isolation orders in the U.K. risk facing steep fines as the country sees a sharp surge in coronavirus infections.

Britain’s government said Sunday it is introducing fines up to 10,000 U.K. pounds, or $13,000, for people who refuse an order to self-isolate, which will go into effect on Sept. 28. Britain’s Health Secretary Matt Hancock told the BBC that the country is facing a “tipping point” amid a surge of infections.

“If everybody follows the rules then we can avoid further national lockdown,” Hancock said Sunday.

The new rule obliges people to self-isolate if they test positive for the coronavirus or are traced as a close contact.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Friday said the U.K. is “seeing a second wave” of coronavirus infections — as he says he wants to keep schools and the economy open as much as possible.

“Obviously, we’re looking carefully at the spread of the pandemic as it evolves over the last few days, and there’s no question, as I’ve said for several weeks now, that we could expect, and we are now seeing, a second wave coming in,” he said.

1. Francina Rozema

May 10, 2021 at 6:27 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

2. Roosevelt Yasui

May 11, 2021 at 11:29 pm

3. Rupert Omahony

May 16, 2021 at 6:15 pm

I don’t know about you people but I infatuated with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/04/putting-airtrans-flight-attendant-training-to-the-test-flying-from-atl-mke-sea/

4. Brent Kloeker

May 17, 2021 at 6:48 pm

I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/05/domestic-dispute-results-in-pilots-threatening-to-crash-plane/

5. Milton Mullaly

May 19, 2021 at 9:13 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

6. Yolando Delgiudice

May 20, 2021 at 5:59 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

7. Fredric Greulich

May 21, 2021 at 6:40 pm

I don’t know about you people but I am obsessed with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/11/oops-pilots-on-qantas-airlines-forget-to-lower-landing-gear/

8. Myrtice Hamelton

May 23, 2021 at 6:07 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

9. Devon Wingo

May 28, 2021 at 6:43 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

10. Landon Tessman

May 29, 2021 at 6:55 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl authors and blogs

11. Ayesha Sasseville

May 30, 2021 at 7:44 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

12. Anthony Downy

June 4, 2021 at 11:26 am

13. Andrea Schetrompf

June 7, 2021 at 10:50 am

14. Michaele Mahaley

June 12, 2021 at 9:54 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

15. Chris Deanhardt

June 13, 2021 at 8:25 am

I don’t know about you all but I love airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/05/body-scanners-have-obvious-security-gap/

16. Melodi Hanlin

June 13, 2021 at 10:57 pm

I don’t know about you all but I am obsessed with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/02/tweetup-sunday-3pm-at-the-future-of-flight-join-us/

17. Gaynell Antuna

August 12, 2021 at 11:58 pm

Have you ever got a cramp while doing a workout? I have and man I remember sitting on the floor for like 5 minutes straight just look at this https://1bodybuildingfirst.blogspot.com/2017/05/avoid-injuries-exercising-and-working.html