Home Health News Flu shot changes this fall: Here’s what to know – WDIV ClickOnDetroit

Flu shot changes this fall: Here’s what to know – WDIV ClickOnDetroit

Every year, people ask me well into December or January if it’s too late to get a flu shot.

This year, given the dual risk of flu and COVID-19, make it a priority to get it as recommended by the end of October and be aware, you may need to find a different place to get the shot.

Many are used to getting it at work, but with so many people working from home and work places limiting the number of people coming in, that may not be an option this year.

Flu shots are readily available at retail pharmacies, doctor’s offices and local health departments. Call first and plan on wearing a mask.

Pediatrician’s offices have flu shots for children, and they made it easier for pharmacists to vaccinate children over age 3.

What about the vaccine itself?

There are lots of options:

• Regular vaccine
  • High dose
  • Egg-free
  • The nasal spray

New this year is a high-dose vaccine for those 65 and older. It protects against four strains of the flu compared to three last year. All have been updated to better match the viruses expected to be circulating this flu season.

There also are flu shots recommended for those 6 months and older.

There are suspected to be no shortages this season.

1. Refugio Hlavacek

May 11, 2021 at 8:41 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

2. Drew Grybel

May 12, 2021 at 8:50 am

3. Landon Teranishi

June 4, 2021 at 10:18 am

4. Lynn Wieland

June 5, 2021 at 4:53 am

5. Shayla Depaul

June 11, 2021 at 1:38 pm

6. Vincenzo Reinhardt

June 13, 2021 at 5:40 am

I don’t know about you guys but I am obsessed with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/09/museum-of-flight/

7. Geraldo Yeager

June 18, 2021 at 2:31 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

8. Terresa Pruna

June 21, 2021 at 8:18 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs