Home Diet Plan Reasons Why You Should Add Protein-Rich Chickpeas To Your Plant-Based Diet – Doctor NDTV

Chickpeas are loaded with multiple health benefits. These can be added to your plant-based diet. Here are the benefits of adding chickpeas to your plant-based diet.

Plant-based diet: Chickpeas are loaded with protein and fibre

HIGHLIGHTS

1. Chickpeas can help in weight loss by adding more fibre to you diet
  2. Chickpeas are loaded with plant-based protein
  3. Chickpeas can prevent iron-deficiency and anaemia

A plant-based diet focuses on consumption of mostly or only foods from plant sources. It is different from vegan diet. In a plant-based diet, you can consume some amount of animal-based products at times, unlike a vegan diet. Following a plant-based diet comprises of eating healthy by adding more fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts and legumes. This diet plan can offer you several health benefits like healthy weight management and controlled risk of chronic conditions like heart disease and diabetes. It is important to add all the necessary nutrients to your diet. One of the superfoods which you must add to your plant-based diet is chickpea. Adding chickpeas to your diet can help you receive some crucial nutrients.

Chickpeas health benefits

RELATED STORIES

Chickpeas are loaded with fibre, protein and several key vitamins and minerals. Adding these to your diet can offer a wide range of health benefits for your skin, muscle, bones and much more. Here are some impressive health benefits you need to know-

1. Plant-based source of protein: In India, protein deficiency is quite common as many follow a vegetarian diet. Many also fail to understand the plant-based sources of protein. Chickpeas are also healthy option to choose. These offer you a good amount of protein. Chia seeds, quinoa, hemp seeds and sprouted whole grains are other good sources of protein.

6tbqmfbo

Chickpea can help in maintaining a healthy weight
Photo Credit: iStock

2. Loaded with fibre: Chickpeas are loaded with fibre which can keep you full for longer and make you consume less calories. This aids in the weight loss process. Fibre also boosts your digestions and keeps constipation at bay.

Also read: Chickpeas Are Super Nutritious! But Is It Healthy To Eat Them Regularly?

3. Chickpeas are also beneficial for diabetics. With a low-glycemic index, these are can be added to your diabetes diet.

Also read:  Chickpeas Benefits: Know The Multiple Ways You Can Include This Protein-Rich Food In Your Diet

4. High fibre, potassium and magnesium content also help in regulating blood pressure and helps in promoting overall heart health.

769dvgao

Chickpeas are beneficial for your overall heart health
Photo Credit: iStock

5. Adding chickpeas to your diet is also beneficial for your bone health. Being a good source of iron, calcium and other important nutrients required for healthy bones.

Also read: Top 5 Health Benefits of Chickpeas; How It Helps You Lose Weight

Promoted

You can ask your dietician about you daily consumption of chickpeas according to your health and weight loss requirements. You can add chickpeas to your diet in several ways. These can be used to prepare salads, hummus and curries.

Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.

DoctorNDTV is the one stop site for all your health needs providing the most credible health information,
health news and tips with expert advice on healthy living, diet plans, informative videos etc. You can get the most relevant and accurate info you need about health problems like
diabetes,
cancer,
pregnancy,
HIV and AIDS,
weight loss and many other lifestyle diseases. We have a panel of over 350 experts who help us develop content by giving their valuable inputs and bringing to us the latest in the world of healthcare.

1. Carry Maiers

May 11, 2021 at 12:07 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

2. Marlo Body

May 12, 2021 at 9:42 am

3. Rocky Excell

May 16, 2021 at 10:46 pm

I don’t know about you people but I infatuated with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/11/today-starts-tsas-secure-flight-are-you-ready/

4. Norine Rave

May 17, 2021 at 12:53 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

5. Breana Rosenstein

May 19, 2021 at 9:53 am

I don’t know about you guys but I infatuated with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/10/boeing-video-787-dreamliner-za006-first-flight/

6. Jimmy Sifontes

May 20, 2021 at 8:59 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

7. Gregory Dotterer

May 21, 2021 at 7:18 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

8. Anastacia Lambino

May 22, 2021 at 7:18 am

I don’t know about you people but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/01/airplane-geeks-podcast-talking-about-airline-goodness/

9. Sunny Giesbrecht

May 23, 2021 at 9:08 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

10. Dorsey Krejcik

May 28, 2021 at 9:55 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

11. Deandra Jaco

May 30, 2021 at 11:23 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

12. Breana Rosenstein

May 31, 2021 at 10:09 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl authors and blogs