Home Health News Arizona reports 355 new coronavirus cases, 1 more death – KTAR.com

Arizona reports 355 new coronavirus cases, 1 more death – KTAR.com

(AP Photo/Jean-Francois Badias)

This is a regularly updated story with the latest information, news and updates about the coronavirus and its impact in Arizona and beyond for Sunday, Oct. 4.

PHOENIX – Arizona health authorities reported 355 new coronavirus cases and one additional death on Sunday morning.

That put the state’s documented totals at 220,754 COVID-19 infections and 5,706 fatalities, according to the Arizona Department of Health Services.

Multiple key metrics about the severity of Arizona’s pandemic are near the lowest they’ve been in months.

The number of Arizona’s confirmed or suspected COVID-19 hospital inpatients fell to 545 on Saturday, down 60 from 605 on Friday.

The number of COVID-19 patients in ICU beds was 133 on Saturday, the most since Sept. 17 but not much above the pandemic-low mark of 114.

COVID-19 inpatients peaked at 3,517 on July 13, and COVID-19 patients in ICU beds topped out at 970 the same day.

Arizona’s weekly percent positivity for COVID-19 diagnostic testing is on pace to be at 4% for the fifth consecutive week, with 45,369 tests recorded so far this week.

The positivity rate, an indicator of how much the virus is spreading in the community, had been as high as 20% at the end of June.

Weekly rates are based on when the samples are taken, not when they are reported, so the percentage for recent weeks can fluctuate as labs get caught up on testing and the results are documented by the state.

The Arizona health department’s daily reports present case, death and testing data after the state receives statistics and confirms them, which can lag by several days or more. They don’t represent the actual activity over the past 24 hours.

The hospitalization data posted each morning, however, is reported the previous evening by the hospitals.

The rolling seven-day average for the state health department’s newly reported cases was 510.43 through Saturday, according to tracking by The Associated Press, and has been relatively stable for the past week.

The seven-day average of newly reported deaths was at 11.86 through Saturday, the third time under 17 since June 10.

The seven-day case average peaked at 3,844 on July 6, and the death average topped out at 94 on July 30.

As cases skyrocketed in June, local governments in many parts of Arizona — including all of Maricopa County — implemented face mask requirements, and Gov. Doug Ducey issued statewide executive orders to close certain businesses and restrict restaurant occupancy.

The spread of COVID-19 soon slowed and has been steadily falling since the peak of the pandemic. Much of the state has hit benchmarks established by the health department that allow certain businesses to reopen under capacity restrictions and other regulations.

COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, has no impact on some people and is seriously debilitating or fatal for others. Infected people without symptoms – which include but are not limited to cough, fever and difficulty breathing — are capable of spreading the virus.

For all articles, information and updates on the coronavirus from KTAR News, visit ktar.com/coronavirus.

1. Wilson Dostal

May 11, 2021 at 6:24 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

2. Ora Rollerson

May 12, 2021 at 8:13 am

3. Jan Holliday

May 18, 2021 at 7:04 am

I don’t know about you all but I infatuated with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/10/airline-livery-of-the-week-air-finland/

4. Roger Kearby

May 19, 2021 at 8:50 am

I don’t know about you guys but I am obsessed with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/01/history-the-oldest-flying-boeing-747-n93101/

5. Assunta Neyland

May 23, 2021 at 8:24 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

6. Elvina Fusha

May 30, 2021 at 10:33 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

7. Gerard Talamantes

May 31, 2021 at 9:16 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

8. Jesse Teroganesyan

June 5, 2021 at 4:02 am

9. Vernon Arbogast

June 7, 2021 at 10:15 am

10. Jack Zawasky

June 13, 2021 at 1:27 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

11. Rudolf Fiducia

June 14, 2021 at 3:37 am

I don’t know about you people but I am obsessed with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/12/airline-liveries-of-the-week-happy-holidays/

12. Classie Anderton

June 15, 2021 at 12:28 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

13. Burt Kry

June 22, 2021 at 2:58 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

14. Tobie Wida

August 9, 2021 at 1:50 am

Some people become unmotivated in the middle of their fitness journey (the most essential part) so here is a great article that explains how to push through those hardships https://fitprmomlife.com/2021/06/25/pushing-through-setbacks-on-your-fitness-journey/