Home Health News 'COVID fatigue' blamed for second surge in coronavirus cases; Chicago health experts warn people not to let their guard down – WLS-TV

CHICAGO (WLS) — Seven months into the pandemic and Illinois residents say they’re suffering from a bad case of COVID-19 fatigue.

“My coworkers and I were having the conversation about the fact that we have been letting our guard down,” said Chicago resident Denise McLaurin.

People letting their guard down has led to the second surge of cases, according to Chicago health officials. And the coldest and hardest months are still ahead.

RELATED: Chicago could return to Phase 3 rules with sharp rise in COVID-19 cases, Lightfoot says

“With any lifestyle change we see difficulty sustaining it, it is not sustainable,” said Dr. Mark Loafman of Cook County Health.

Loafman suggests the best way for people to mentally live through a pandemic during the winter months is to reframe it from a hardship to community service.

“This is volunteer community service work, we are all doing to take care of one another that should make us feel good it should make us want to do that more,” said Loafman.

While living with COVID-19 and staying diligent may be draining, doctors want to remind people the country is much further along than it was a few months ago. There is now more testing, better treatments and a vaccine is right around the corner

Copyright © 2020 WLS-TV. All Rights Reserved.

1. Von Boord

May 10, 2021 at 2:36 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

2. Vallie Kerscher

May 12, 2021 at 3:16 am

3. Theodore Blechinger

May 17, 2021 at 10:19 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

4. Jonathon Aiton

May 17, 2021 at 9:14 pm

I don’t know about you guys but I am obsessed with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/08/video-harrier-hovering-at-oshkosh-airventure-2010/

5. Cherryl Reyers

May 20, 2021 at 11:02 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

6. Christian Diana

May 21, 2021 at 8:05 pm

I don’t know about you people but I am obsessed with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/12/cheers-us-airways-can-once-again-serve-alcohol-in-new-mexico/

7. Stevie Adcock

May 23, 2021 at 7:15 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

8. Sal Heredia

May 28, 2021 at 7:58 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

9. Sherell Hemsworth

May 29, 2021 at 8:22 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

10. Britni Chen

May 31, 2021 at 7:47 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

11. Kevin Welzel

June 3, 2021 at 2:32 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

12. Lucas Loil