Home Diet Plan High Protein Diet: This Methi-Paneer Paratha May Work Wonders To Manage Diabetes – NDTV Food

Highlights
  • Parathe are a staple breakfast in many Indian homes
  • One can experiment with a simple paratha in myriad ways
  • Here is how you can make a high protein paratha

There is nothing quite like the good old parathas for breakfast, isn’t it? No matter how much we swoon over pancakes or cereals, when it comes to loaded parathas hot from the pan, the desi-foodie in us rejoice like nothing else! Flatbreads made mostly of whole wheat flour, roasted on a tawa with, ghee or oil, parathas are not just easy but are also a quick meal option. And if we can combine taste and health together in parathas, there might not be a more fulfilling breakfast than that; don’t you think?

More than anything, our diet should be a healthy mix of nutrients with the most important one being protein. Known to be the building blocks of our body, protein helps induce satiety and build muscle. And if you are a fan of wholesome parathas right in the morning, there can be many ways to add a bit of protein to it. Parathas stuffed with protein-rich paneer may be one of the best ways, to begin with!

ad724kv
Parathas are quite a staple morning meal in North India.

Paneer is one of the best vegetarian protein sources one can get. All you need to do is simply add crumbled paneer to the flour for protein-rich, wholesome stuffed parathas! But guess what? You can also make it healthier by adding fenugreek (methi) to the mix! One of the most popular vegetables during winters, methi is a reservoir of nutrients such as folic acid, Vitamin A and Vitamin C. One of the most important benefits of fenugreek is in its ability to manage blood sugar levels. As per many studies, an unusual amino acid, 4HO-Ile is present only in fenugreek and has possible anti-diabetic qualities such as enhancing insulin secretion and increasing insulin sensitivity.

Newsbeep

Rupali Datta, consultant nutritionist says, “Fenugreek is often used as a part of diet plans prescribed to patients with diabetes as a treatment. While a diabetes patient can consume fenugreek in the form of seeds by consuming it soaked in water every morning, one must consult a doctor before doing so if you are on insulin therapy.” The protein content of the paneer can keep you satiated for long hours which also avoid any spike in the blood sugar levels.

One of the best ways to combine the goodness of methi and paneer is to stuff inside a piping hot paratha! Here’s how you can make a delicious and wholesome methi-paneer paratha.

Ingredients-

For the dough:

. Whole wheat flour- 1 cup

For stuffing:

. Fenugreek leaves (methi)- 1/2 cup

. Paneer (finely grated)- 1/2 cup

. Salt- 1 tsp

. Green chillies (chopped)- 1

. Cumin seeds- 1 tsp

. Oil- as needed

Method-

1. Make a dough by kneading whole wheat flour and enough water.

2. Divide the dough into as many portions as the parathas you wish to make

3. Make the stuffing by sauteeing paneer, methi leaves, chillies and salt in cumn seeds.

4. Now combine the sautéed mixure.

5. Roll out each portion from the dough and stuff it with the mixture. Fold it and seal well. Roll into flat parathas.

6. Cook on a hot, non-stick tawa till golden brown and serve hot.

Try this healthy and tasty methi-paneer paratha at home and share your experience with us in the comments section below.

Comments

1. zortilonrel

February 8, 2021 at 3:08 am

very good post, i certainly love this web site, carry on it

2. Thomas Tabian

May 10, 2021 at 6:56 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

3. Randolph Fennimore

May 12, 2021 at 6:23 am

4. stornobrzinol

May 14, 2021 at 12:57 pm

Well I sincerely enjoyed studying it. This post offered by you is very constructive for correct planning.

5. Eleonor Nicolosi

May 16, 2021 at 7:57 pm

I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/06/10492/

6. Renae Parrett

May 17, 2021 at 10:42 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

7. Brett Hawkin

May 17, 2021 at 11:21 pm

I don’t know about you people but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/06/contest-answer-how-many-flowers-does-it-take-to-lei-an-hawaiian-airlines-airbus-a330/

8. Jacob Rubinstein

May 20, 2021 at 6:26 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

9. Cheree Dunker

May 20, 2021 at 11:22 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

10. Luciano Fauteux

May 21, 2021 at 8:23 pm

I don’t know about you people but I infatuated with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2008/11/keeping-the-airport-bird-free/

11. Brock Brash

May 23, 2021 at 7:30 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

12. Damian Scholzen

May 28, 2021 at 8:14 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

13. Margo Neisius

May 29, 2021 at 8:40 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

14. Dan Mowatt

May 30, 2021 at 9:25 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

15. Malcom Rons

May 31, 2021 at 8:07 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

16. Dori Schoettmer

June 5, 2021 at 6:28 pm

17. Darlena Bardoner

June 11, 2021 at 8:48 am

18. Onita Gramacy

June 18, 2021 at 4:19 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

19. Dario Eun

June 21, 2021 at 10:12 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

20. my web hosting

August 28, 2021 at 12:49 pm

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally,
    it seems as though you relied on the video
    to make your point. You definitely know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting
    videos to your site when you could be giving us something informative to read?

21. http://t.co/Y8yDaYcK75

August 30, 2021 at 12:47 am

This is my first time pay a quick visit at here and i am truly impressed to read everthing at alone place.

22. bit.ly

September 1, 2021 at 11:14 pm

We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
    Your website offered us with valuable info to work on. You have performed
    a formidable job and our whole neighborhood will be thankful
    to you.

23. scoliosis surgery where

September 2, 2021 at 12:20 pm

This is a topic that’s close to my heart… Best wishes! Exactly where are your contact details though?

24. http://j.mp

September 2, 2021 at 6:54 pm

I’m gone to tell my little brother, that he should also visit this web
    site on regular basis to obtain updated from hottest news update.

25. tinyurl.com

September 4, 2021 at 7:59 am

Somebody essentially assist to make critically articles I might state.

This is the very first time I frequented your web page and
    so far? I surprised with the analysis you made to make this actual put up amazing.

Great process!

26. bit.ly

September 5, 2021 at 12:23 pm

I visited several blogs except the audio quality for audio
    songs present at this web page is genuinely marvelous.

27. a scoliosis surgery

September 5, 2021 at 4:55 pm

Hey very interesting blog!

28. off quest bars

September 11, 2021 at 5:08 am

This website truly has all the information and facts I wanted about this subject and didn’t
    know who to ask. quest bars http://j.mp/3C2tkMR quest bars

29. bitly.com

September 11, 2021 at 6:06 am

hello!,I like your writing so much! proportion we be in contact more about your article on AOL?
    I need a specialist on this space to resolve my problem.
    Maybe that’s you! Having a look forward to look you.

scoliosis surgery https://0401mm.tumblr.com/ scoliosis surgery

30. Appreciate this post. Let me try it out. asmr https://app.gumroad.com/asmr2021/p/best-asmr-online asmr

31. http://coub.com/stories/962966-scoliosis-surgery

September 12, 2021 at 3:08 am

It’s really a great and helpful piece of information. I am glad that
    you just shared this useful info with us.
    Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.
    scoliosis surgery https://coub.com/stories/962966-scoliosis-surgery scoliosis
    surgery

32. http://bitly.com/3C42OCu

September 13, 2021 at 8:07 am

Article writing is also a fun, if you know afterward you can write
    if not it is complex to write. cheap flights http://1704milesapart.tumblr.com/ cheap flights

33. http://bit.ly/3nkdKIi

September 13, 2021 at 3:58 pm

Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more
    than just your articles? I mean, what you say is valuable and
    all. Nevertheless think about if you added some great graphics or videos to give
    your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but with images and clips, this site could definitely be
    one of the greatest in its field. Good blog!
    ps4 games https://j.mp/3nkdKIi ps4 games

34. www.iherb.com

September 14, 2021 at 9:13 am

Hi friends, its enormous article about educationand entirely explained, keep it up all the time.
    quest bars https://www.iherb.com/search?kw=quest%20bars quest bars