Home Weight Loss Tips Want to speed up your weight loss? Try these tips to rev up your metabolism and burn belly fat – Times Now

Want to speed up your weight loss? Try these tips to rev up your metabolism and burn belly fat&  | &nbspPhoto Credit:&nbspiStock Images

Key Highlights

• Many people think that having a high metabolism is the key to losing weight and keeping it off
  • Research has shown that your metabolism slows down as your get older, making it easier for you to gain weight and hard to lose it
  • There are many things you can do to help increase your metablosim, although you can’t control some factors like age

New Delhi: You’ve probably heard people say that they’re not seeing desired results despite efforts to lose weight, because they have a ‘slow metabolism’. It’s a common belief that having a higher metabolism can help you burn more calories and shed pounds faster, while also providing your body with more energy. It’s true that some people have a faster metabolism than others, however, how fast your body burns calories may depend on several factors. Yet, there’s little evidence to support the claim that a sluggish metabolism is a reason for your weight gain.

If you’re concerned about your weight and slow metabolism, there are steps you can take to help you get a flat tummy and feel better. Basically, metabolism is a term that describes all the chemical processes going on continuously inside your body to keep you alive and all organs functioning – such as repairing cells, breathing, digesting food. Some factors such as your age, gender, sex, genes, amount of physical activity, and diet may affect the speed of your metabolism. Wondering what you can do to boost your metabolism? Read on.

Ways to speed up your metabolism and lose weight fast

Here are a few tips to increase your metabolism to help you reach your weight loss goal much faster:

1. Stick to your exercise routine: Exercising every day helps you burn more calories – especially when you include activities like swimming or biking that get your heart rate up. Regular physical activity becomes even more important as you grow older as you naturally lose muscle mass, which slows down your metabolism. So, maintaining your fitness routine, whether you’re running or doing Zumba, will reset and supercharge your metabolism, helping you burn more calories and shed pounds quickly.
  2. Include a high-intensity workout: Adding high-intensity workouts to your routine may be a great strategy to boost your metabolism. Research suggests that high-intensity interval training can increase your metabolic rate than other types of exercise, helping your body burn more fat even after your workout has finished. For instance, one study involving overweight young men reported that doing high-intensity exercise for 12 weeks resulted in a reduction of fat mass by 4.4 pounds (2 kg) and belly fat by 17 per cent.
  3. Do strength training: Try doing some muscle-strengthening activities that work all major muscle groups, including the abdomen, chest, arms, legs, hips, back, and shoulders. Aim to do for two or more days per week to increase your muscle mass, which will help you lose weight.
  4. Stand up more: Prolonged sitting has been dubbed ‘the new smoking’. Perhaps, you already know how sitting too much can harm your health, including a higher risk of unhealthy weight gain as you burn fewer calories. If you have a desk job, try to stand up regularly or consider investing in a standing desk.
  5. Eat a healthy diet: Consuming certain foods and drinks may help boost your metabolism – such as spicy foods like peppers, green tea, coffee, etc. Getting an adequate amount of protein from your diet can help increase your metabolism so that your body burns more calories.

Making simple lifestyle changes and sticking to them can increase your metabolism and help you achieve your weight loss goal.

RELATED NEWS

Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.

1. zortilonrel

November 13, 2020 at 10:11 pm

It is in point of fact a great and helpful piece of info. I’m glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

2. vreyrolinomit

January 5, 2021 at 8:45 am

Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.

3. Gale Degan

May 11, 2021 at 12:34 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

4. Martina Willing

May 12, 2021 at 7:34 am

5. stornobrzinol

May 15, 2021 at 10:27 pm

Hello there, simply changed into alert to your weblog through Google, and located that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels. I will appreciate if you happen to continue this in future. Many other folks will likely be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!

6. Val Critz

May 17, 2021 at 11:33 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

7. Osvaldo Blanch

May 18, 2021 at 6:36 am

I don’t know about you guys but I infatuated with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/07/boeing-787-dreamliner-deliveries-could-be-pushed-to-2011/

8. Rosena Zoglmann

May 20, 2021 at 7:22 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

9. Nigel Sprenkel

May 21, 2021 at 12:09 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

10. Alden Westberry

May 22, 2021 at 6:11 am

I don’t know about you people but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/05/to-boldy-go/

11. Lloyd Khay

May 23, 2021 at 8:06 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

12. Lynna Beigert

May 28, 2021 at 8:50 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

13. Mirtha Boosalis

May 29, 2021 at 9:21 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

14. Lonny Englerth

May 30, 2021 at 10:11 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

15. Jean Latzka

June 1, 2021 at 8:17 am

16. Yolande Blickenstaff

June 11, 2021 at 12:25 pm

17. Chloe Sedtal

June 12, 2021 at 11:28 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

18. Elene Cleven

June 13, 2021 at 12:19 pm

I don’t know about you people but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/01/video-20-ways-to-use-a-maxi-pad-onboard-an-airline/

19. Nathaniel Postiglione

June 14, 2021 at 11:56 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs