Weight loss tips: Lose belly fat in one week to look your best for Christmas celebrations & |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- Even as we celebrate the holidays virtually, everyone wants to look their best
- Since it is the end of the year, many people also want to achieve their fitness goals for the year before they enter the new year
- Here are some tips that will help you shed weight in just one week to look your best on Christmas
New Delhi: The holiday season is about to commence, and the world is already looking forward to it. While the holidays of Christmas and New Years are the most favourite part of the year for many anyway, the way the year 2020 has been, people are looking forward to it even more. However, with the lockdown restrictions and stay at home orders due to COVID-19 pandemic, people have gained weight. If you are meeting up with your friends and family in reality or even virtually, and want to look your best, here are some weight loss tips that can help.
Belly fat is more than just a cosmetic concern. It increases the risk of chronic diseases and conditions such as diabetes, cancer, and even COVID-19. Here are some weight loss tips that can help you lose belly fat, and get in shape in just one week, right before the holiday season commences.
5 weight loss tips to look fit, and healthy during the holiday season
- Eat frequent, small meals – No weight loss fad diet will ask you to eat more. However, the secret lies there. Eating small, and frequent meals help to keep you satiated and avoid hunger pangs. This helps to avoid overeating and cravings, and consume good, healthy food in moderation.
- Stay hydrated – During the winter season, we tend to not drink enough water. While hydration is important for your overall health, water plays a major role in keeping you satiated. Drinking water about twenty minutes before your meals can help you eat less, and consume fewer calories eventually.
- Limit your salt intake – Many people limit their sugar intake in order to lose weight. However, people do not watch their salt intake. Salt leads to retention of water in the body, causing more water weight. If you consume less salt, you are likely to feel less bloated, and healthier.
- Have an early, light lunch – Eating an early lunch is associated with better health. It gives your system enough time to process the food. When you consume a high-protein, high-fibre, but low-calorie and light lunch, you help create the calorie deficit that aids weight loss.
- Eat healthy snacks – As a part of the frequent meals, you must eat healthy snacks. Fried chips and other such processed foods only add more kilos to your body and add nothing to your nutrition.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
Get the Latest health news, healthy diet, weight loss, Yoga, and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now