Winter skincare: 5 tips to avoid clogged pores and acne& |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- Different seasons call for different skincare routines and requirements
- Different skin types react differently to winter conditions, making it necessary to be observant about one’s skin type
- Here is how you can treat your skin this winter if it is prone to acne
New Delhi: It is the month of November and we can already hear winters knocking at our doorstep. As refreshing as it may be, it is also high time we suit up and prepare ourselves for the fierce battle that our skin will have to fight against the altered weather conditions. Winters have a different effect on different skin types. The most common issue faced by people during winters arises when their skin type is dry. This makes skin conditions like acne, cracking and flaking prominent. With the change in season, it is necessary to tweak the skincare routine to meet the winter requirements.
Is an acne breakout possible during winters?
It is a major misconception among people that the problem of breakout is prevalent only among people with oily skin. However, the skin is bound to get dry during winters. This dehydration of the skin can lead to a breakout.
Tips to deal with clogged pores and acne
Skincare could be a hassle. However, with a little effort every day, it could be made easier. Here a few tips you can follow:
- Staying hydrated: Dehydration of the skin is one of the most common reasons leading up to a breakout. Therefore, it is extremely essential to drink sufficient water so the body stays hydrated throughout the day.
- Moisturize your skin: It is necessary to be mindful about moisturizing the skin. Moisturizing the skin will lead to its hydration and nourishment. One must keep in mind to pick a moisturizer that suits their skin type. However, it is also essential to not go overboard with the moisturizer as it can make the skin oily and eventually cause a breakout.
- Get fresh air: Just like plants, it is important to let the skin breathe. Winters might make it difficult to go out because of the chilly conditions, however, one must make sure to go out and get fresh air to refresh the skin.
- Flaxseed oil: There are various benefits offered by flaxseed oil. Apart from health benefits, flaxseed oil can do wonders for the skin. It has abilities to hydrate the skin and enhance the texture of the skin by making it smooth and decreasing the dryness and irritation of the skin.
- Don’t over-exfoliate: Excessive scrubbing of the skin can cause it to dry further. Dry skin would be more vulnerable to a breakout. Furthermore, it can cause rashes and irritation in the skin.
Your skin is a part of you and taking care of it means taking care of yourself. Along with a balanced diet, make sure to clean your face liberally, exercise regularly and stay hydrated. Do not hesitate to consult a dermatologist if the skin issues get haywire.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
Get the Latest health news, healthy diet, weight loss, Yoga, and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now