Home Health News Vaccinated US nurse contracts COVID-19, expert says Pfizer … – Thomson Reuters Foundation

(Edits)

Dec 30 (Reuters) – A nurse in California tested positive for COVID-19 more than a week after receiving Pfizer Inc’s vaccine, an ABC News affiliate reported https://bit.ly/2L8iBel on Tuesday, but a medical expert said the body needs more time to build up protection.

Matthew W., 45, a nurse at two different local hospitals, said in a Facebook post on December 18 that he had received the Pfizer vaccine, telling the ABC News affiliate that his arm was sore for a day but that he had suffered no other side-effects.

Six days later on Christmas Eve, he became sick after working a shift in the COVID-19 unit, the report added. He got the chills and later came down with muscle aches and fatigue.

He went to a drive-up hospital testing site and tested positive for COVID-19 the day after Christmas, the report said.

Christian Ramers, an infectious disease specialist with Family Health Centers of San Diego, told the ABC News affiliate that this scenario was not unexpected.

“We know from the vaccine clinical trials that it’s going to take about 10 to 14 days for you to start to develop protection from the vaccine,” Ramers said.

“That first dose we think gives you somewhere around 50%, and you need that second dose to get up to 95%,” Ramers added.

(Reporting by Kanishka Singh and Akriti Sharma in Bengaluru Editing by Gareth Jones)

Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

1. Rosalee Lineman

May 11, 2021 at 11:27 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl authors and blogs

2. Edward Boeshore

May 12, 2021 at 9:32 am

3. Cornelia Conklin

May 18, 2021 at 7:56 am

I don’t know about you all but I infatuated with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/03/airline-livery-of-the-week-airbaltic/

4. Mitsuko Egbert

May 19, 2021 at 9:46 am

I don’t know about you all but I love airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/09/jet-airways-cancels-flights-due-to-pilot-strike/

5. Andreas Izquierdo

May 20, 2021 at 8:51 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

6. Frederic Yotter

May 21, 2021 at 7:12 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

7. Trinidad Decristofaro

May 28, 2021 at 9:50 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

8. Ronnie Shiu

May 30, 2021 at 11:18 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

9. Moises Wilkerson

May 31, 2021 at 10:03 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

10. Elba Micucci

June 3, 2021 at 4:31 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

11. Isreal Hosley

June 4, 2021 at 10:32 am

12. Robyn Peterkin

June 5, 2021 at 5:06 am

13. Chet Hagedorn

June 13, 2021 at 5:29 am

I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/07/will-super-sonic-transport-make-a-comeback/

14. Alonzo Melvin

June 18, 2021 at 3:55 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs