Keep your weight in check with these party tips & |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- Celebration treats include foods rich in sugar and calories
- It is difficult to resist the food treats especially with the party spirit blooming all around you
- There are a few ways in which you can maintain a healthy weight even during the party season
New Delhi: The party season calls for a lot of treats, binge eating and drinking endlessly every year. While you are busy celebrating, don’t forget about the extra pounds you might gain during this season. It is normal to put on a little weight after these festivals. Many people gain weight in December and find it very hard to lose those pounds. Hence you must keep in mind certain tips while binging on that holiday food.
New Year and Christmas food are very rich in calories. Your sugar intake is too high during this time. The holiday food is hard to resist. There are so many varieties of foods to choose from. All these foods have a high-calorie count and are consumed in large quantities during the festival, because of which your body gains weight instantly.
5 party tips to keep your weight in control
- Eat in less quantity- We know it is very hard to stop yourself from trying all the food you see around you at this time. Keep in mind to consume a variety of foods and in less quantity. Try everything but in small portions. This way both your temptation is satisfied and you do not gain excess weight due to overeating.
- Get sleep- Don’t be sleep deprived. Make sure to get enough sleep even on the days you are partying. Try to call it a day around 1 or 2 am maximum. Sleeping for a good 8 hours is very essential for your body to keep your weight under control. It is a weight loss technique very few know about. Sleeping for the right number of hours helps you slim down and maintain healthy body weight.
- Drink responsibly- We know you tend to lose count of the number of drinks you’ve had during the celebration but one mustn’t drink too much get sloshed and pass out. This can harm your health immensely and most importantly, consuming too much alcohol results in weight gain. Drinking too much also messes with your appetite and in turn affects your weight.
- Avoid eating after midnight- Eat during the day instead of eating late at night. When you eat after midnight, you tend to gain weight faster because of lack of activity. You generally end up sleeping right after you eat which does not give your body the time to burn calories. Hence this way you are expected to gain pounds quickly. Therefore, one should avoid eating after midnight.
- Consume warm water- Warm water is the key to weight loss. Drink warm water first thing in the morning as soon as you wake up. It burns down your extra fat and helps you keep healthy body weight. To stay in shape in this party season, stay hydrated as much as you can.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
Get the Latest health news, healthy diet, weight loss, Yoga, and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now