Reach your 2021 fitness goals with these tips from experts & |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- Fitness is an integral part of our lives and should be taken seriously at all times
- You must set a fitness aim and do everything that is possible to fulfil your aim
- Here are a few tips from experts on how you can stay fit in 2021 and reach your fitness goals
New Delhi: It is a new year and a new beginning for each one of us. Every year we make a new year resolution and try really hard to stick to it. This year lets take a fitness oath. Considering the fact that 2020 was a very unhealthy year, let’s make sure that 2021 is a fit and healthy one. Instead of making unachievable new resolutions, let’s make one that you can actually work on and we will tell you how.
All of you must be having a fitness regime that you follow some way or the other. From the beginning of this year, make sure you have a fitness goal to achieve and you must take it seriously. Fitness holds a lot of importance in your lives. A fit and healthy human has a strong immune system, is less prone to diseases and is overall way safer than others when it comes to surviving pandemics like the one, we are currently in.
5 tips to reach your fitness goals
- Eat in proper quantities- Some people eat very less or don’t eat at all in order to lose weight. This is a very unhealthy practice. Few eat too much. You must take a properly balanced diet and eat in the right quantities. Include the right number of vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates and protein in your diet. Take small meals but don’t overeat or starve yourself. This will give your body all the required nutrients and make you fit.
- Take your cardio seriously- You must take your cardio seriously. Cardio exercises improve the health of your heart. It also improves blood circulation by pumping blood faster. This way there is more oxygen in your system which is healthy for your brain and heart. You can either opt for walking, jogging or running. Cardio exercises can also be easily done at home.
- Pay attention to your calorie intake- Whenever you consume any foods make sure that you note the number of calories you are consuming. Pay very serious attention to your calorie intake. A high number of calories can lead to weight gain, which will, in turn, lead to heart, kidney and liver diseases. To stay fit and healthy you must consume only the required number of calories and burn any excess amount consumed.
- Water intake – Your body consists of 70% water. It is of huge importance and consumption of water or liquids will keep you fit. You can consume fresh fruit juices, vegetable juices, protein shakes, and any other such fluids to provide your body with the amount of water intake it requires. Water is good for your skin and hair too. It keeps you healthy both inside out.
- Get enough sleep – All work and no rest make you unproductive and affect your health immensely. You must get up to 7 to 8 hours of sleep every day to keep your brain and body functioning smoothly. Sleep reboots your system and helps you start afresh. Get enough rest to achieve your fitness goals and a healthy lifestyle.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
Get the Latest health news, healthy diet, weight loss, Yoga, and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now