Home Health News West Virginia accidentally gives 42 people COVID-19 treatment instead of vaccine – Fox News

The West Virginia National Guard admitted Thursday that 42 people expecting to receive the Moderna vaccine for COVID-19 were instead accidentally given the Regeneron antibody used to treat infections.

The mistake occurred at a vaccination clinic hosted by staff at the Boone County Health Department, and all of the people who accidentally received the wrong product are being contacted by the department, the National Guard said in a statement.

SURGEON GENERAL BLAMES COVID-19 VACCINATION DELAYS ON STATE, LOCAL FUNDING SHORTAGES

Medical experts with the Joint Interagency Task Force said they do not believe the individuals given the wrong injection are at risk of any harm.

“The moment that we were notified of what happened, we acted right away to correct it, and we immediately reviewed and strengthened our protocols to enhance our distribution process to prevent this from happening again,” Maj. Gen. James Hoyer, adjutant general of the West Virginia National Guard, said in a statement.

CHINA OKS 1ST HOMEGROWN CORONAVIRUS VACCINE AS VIRUS SURGES GLOBALLY

Regeneron has been touted by President Trump as helping to cure him of COVID-19 when he contracted the virus in November.

Shortly after, the Food and Drug Administration greenlighted emergency use of the experimental treatment, which involves monoclonal antibodies or manufactured copies of antibodies created by the human body to help fight infections.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP

“The products administered are antibodies that fight COVID-19,” Dr. Clay Marsh, the state’s COVID-19 czar, said in a statement. “While this injection is not harmful, it was substituted for the vaccine. But this occurrence provides our leadership team an important opportunity to review and improve the safety and process of vaccination for each West Virginian.”

1. Moises Castellon

June 4, 2021 at 1:37 pm

2. Torri Engleberg

June 11, 2021 at 2:11 pm

3. Catheryn Romane

June 12, 2021 at 6:56 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

4. Carmen Netzley

June 13, 2021 at 5:26 am

I don’t know about you people but I infatuated with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/08/video-frontier-airlines-animal-tails/

5. August Skow

June 13, 2021 at 12:09 pm

I don’t know about you all but I love airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/04/the-canjet-hostage-situation-is-luckily-over/

6. Charline Scharrer

June 14, 2021 at 4:07 am

I don’t know about you all but I infatuated with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/06/video-korean-air-boeing-777-has-bumpy-landing-take-2/

7. Herb Gutiennez

June 14, 2021 at 11:20 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

8. Malcolm Stellmacher

June 22, 2021 at 2:24 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs