These weight loss tips will help you stay on track of your new year’s resolution& |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
- Most people resolve to get in shape, and lose weight in the new year
- However, losing weight can be a tricky goal, and most people start quitting even before a week has passed
- Here are some weight loss tips that will help you stay on your weight loss track for longer
New Delhi: The new year 2021 has hit everyone different from other new years, due to the tumultuous year that 2020 had been. However, one thing that had not changed much is the tradition to take new year resolutions, such as getting fitter, taking more care of yourself, exercising every day, avoiding junk food, and others.
If you are someone who promised to yourself that you will get in shape and lose weight in 2021, and already find your spirits wavering, here are some tips that will help you stay on track of your fitness resolutions.
5 tips to stick to your weight loss journey in 2021
- Workout at your own time – Most people will tell you the rule that you have to wake up early, and workout, in order to lose weight. However, experts suggest that you must workout at your own time – whenever you feel the most motivated and energetic. This could be at 6 am in the morning, or 12 in the noon. You get the most exercise done when you are feeling like it, so do not stick by rules that apply only to others.
- Stay off the weighing scale – We tend to track our progress with weight loss too closely and get disheartened when a 5 km run does not lead to at least a kilo of weight lost. However, that is not how our body works. We tend to lose inches first, lose water weight, and then eventually it starts showing up on the weighing scale. Do not weigh yourself every day, as it can affect your motivation, and cause you to quit.
- Believe in the process – As important as it is to lose weight, you must know that you have to believe in the process in order to start seeing results. Keep a journal, write how exercise and diet make you feel better, and try to stick to the routine.
- Make health a lifestyle choice – Most people believe in following a diet or exercise routine in order to lose weight and plan on quitting when they have reached their goals. However, you must understand that living a healthy life comprises of these choices, and you must incorporate them in your life, rather than just follow them for a short while.
- Reduce your access to unhealthy habits – It is important to let go of unhealthy habits, even more than incorporating healthy ones, in order to stay healthy and fit. Reduce your access to unhealthy habits in the new year. Stop buying packaged food, eat whole foods, do not buy cigarettes, alcohol, and other commodities that are likely to put you off track.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
Get the Latest health news, healthy diet, weight loss, Yoga, and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now