Home Health News How many COVID-19 vaccines has Brazos County received and why are we still in Phase 1A? – KBTX

BRYAN, Texas (KBTX) -The Texas Department of State Health Services has said all COVID-19 vaccinations should move on to Phase 1B of the state’s vaccine plan, which includes people 65 and older or with certain medical conditions, but hospitals in Brazos County say they’re still operating in Phase 1A.

Phase 1A of the Texas COVID-19 Vaccination Distribution Plan includes frontline healthcare workers and residents of long-term care facilities. Due to vaccine availability, local hospitals say they are not ready to move on.

“The messaging that you’re hearing from DSHS about moving to phase 1B now, can’t be applied across every community across Texas, because situations are different,” said Clint Cheng, Chief Medical Officer for the St. Joseph Medical Group, in an interview with KBTX. “Some communities did receive an early shipment of the vaccine, and more than they actually needed for their healthcare workers, so they were able to move more quickly into a Phase 1B. We received them later, so we are continuing to vaccinate 1A right now, and we are hoping to get to where we wanna be within the coming weeks.”

Baylor Scott & White Health released a statement about their statewide vaccination efforts, saying they continue to vaccinate their healthcare workers and will begin immunizing priority patients and community members once they are done.

“To date, the organization has received 26,825 doses. The doses received are distributed within hours of securing the shipment, and none are held. The amount distributed per day varies based on a number of factors, including supply,” the release reads.

Baylor Scott & White says they have more than 56,300 employees and physicians employed across the state and are also vaccinating workers at partner facilities and contract workers that support patient care.

Baylor Scott & White and St. Joseph Health have not provided a total number of people vaccinated locally.

Phase 1A of vaccine distribution also includes residents of long-term care facilities before Phase 1B expands to include other vulnerable populations. Click here to learn more about Phase 1B.

Vaccine shipments to Brazos County

Baylor Scott & White Health- College Station was the only hospital in the Brazos Valley to receive shipments of the vaccine during Week 1 of the vaccine distribution, totaling 975 doses. St. Joseph Health and other local pharmacies were then included in Week 2, totaling 3,900 vaccines that week.

According to the state’s week 3 vaccine allocation plan, Brazos County received 700 vaccines that went to St. Joseph Health in Bryan and College Station and Baylor Scott & White- College Station.

Week 4 of the vaccine allocation plan shows Brazos County receiving 1,600 vaccines, which will go to local hospitals and pharmacies.

Statewide, more than 326,000 vaccines will be sent to providers during week 4. More than 120,000 of those vaccines will go directly to long-term care facilities through a CDC program which began last week in partnership with pharmacies including Walgreens, CVS and Pharmscript. The state will also distribute an additional 224,250 second doses for first week recipients.

The chart below shows the total number of vaccines local providers have received since Week 1 of the Vaccine Allocation plan, based on the state’s vaccine dashboard.

Provider City Total doses
Bryan Family Medicine Clinic Bryan 100
Legacy Nursing & Rehabilitation Bryan 100
HEB Pharmacy 544 Bryan 100
HEB Pharmacy 644 Bryan 100
Kroger Pharmacy 383 Bryan 100
Brookshires Pharmacy 1004 Bryan 500

As of Week 4, Brazos County will have received 7,075 COVID-19 vaccines.

BCHD Support Services Manager Sara Mendez says that healthcare workers included in Phase 1A should contact their employers or primary care provider to learn how to get vaccinated. Mendez said that those in nursing homes should contact the facility management that they are in.

Health officials recommended the general public check with local primary care providers about vaccine availability.

Copyright 2021 KBTX. All rights reserved.

1. Mathew Vanwagoner

May 10, 2021 at 5:31 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

2. Jeffrey Duhamel

May 12, 2021 at 3:44 am

3. Toby Crimes

May 16, 2021 at 7:45 pm

I don’t know about you people but I am obsessed with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2008/08/showers-spas-suites-sweet/

4. Thomasina Carmel

May 17, 2021 at 10:27 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

5. Sid Kubecka

May 17, 2021 at 11:06 pm

I don’t know about you people but I infatuated with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/04/alaska-airlines-changes-fees-ups-their-awesome-guarantee/

6. Luke Veasley

May 19, 2021 at 7:17 am

I don’t know about you guys but I infatuated with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/10/whats-the-difference-between-airline-merger-and-buy-out/

7. Alda Schwegel

May 20, 2021 at 6:10 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

8. Naoma Lilien

May 20, 2021 at 11:09 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

9. Lashawnda Cuevas

May 21, 2021 at 8:12 pm

I don’t know about you guys but I am obsessed with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/11/video-take-twas-l1011-to-the-east-and-get-a-steak-meal/

10. Eugenie Kinsley

May 30, 2021 at 9:13 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

11. Carlyn Spotted

May 31, 2021 at 7:54 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

12. Roselle Lesco

June 3, 2021 at 2:38 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs