Home Health News Miami medical examiners investigate death of doctor who got coronavirus vaccine – CNN

Caprara said his office is working with the Florida Department of Health and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to investigate the death of Dr. Gregory Michael. His death has not definitively been linked to the vaccine, but that is among the possibilities being explored, Caprara added.
The CDC confirmed it “is aware of a reported death in Florida of an individual who received the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine about two weeks before passing away,” a spokeswoman said by email Wednesday night.
According to Michael’s website, he was an obstetrician/gynecologist “in private practice at Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach for the last 15 years.” He was 56, according to public records.
Caprara said Michael received a vaccine around December 19 and died “late January 3rd into the 4th.” An autopsy was conducted Tuesday, Caprara said, with cause of death pending the completion of studies by the medical examiner and partner agencies.
Pfizer also said it was investigating.
“Pfizer and BioNTech are aware of the death of a healthcare professional sixteen days after receiving a first dose” of the vaccine, Pfizer said in a statement. “It is a highly unusual clinical case of severe thrombocytopenia, a condition that decreases the body’s ability to clot blood and stop internal bleeding,” it added.
“We are actively investigating this case, but we don’t believe at this time that there is any direct connection to the vaccine,” the company said in the statement.
“There have been no related safety signals identified in our clinical trials, the post-marketing experience thus far or with the mRNA vaccine platform. To date, millions of people have been vaccinated and we are closely monitoring all adverse events in individuals receiving our vaccine. It is important to note that serious adverse events, including deaths that are unrelated to the vaccine are unfortunately likely to occur at a similar rate as they would in the general population.”
CDC officials told reporters Wednesday it had not seen any worrying severe reactions to coronavirus vaccines beyond 29 cases of severe allergic reactions — or just 11.1 cases of anaphylaxis per 1 million doses administered.
“The known and potential benefits of the current Covid-19 vaccines outweigh the known and potential risks, getting Covid-19,” said Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases. “That doesn’t mean, however, that we couldn’t see potential serious health events in the future.”
According to the CDC, more than 5.3 million people have received their first dose of a Covid-19 vaccine in the US.
In its statement Wednesday night, the agency said it regularly reviews safety data along with other federal agencies like the US Food and Drug Administration, as well as vaccine safety experts who independently review the data, make recommendations and provide guidance.
“CDC will evaluate the situation as more information becomes available and provide timely updates on what is known and any necessary actions,” the statement said.
Both Pfizer and the CDC said their thoughts were with the family.
“It’s been a difficult year as each of us grapple with a worldwide pandemic,” the CDC said. “Use of COVID-19 vaccines is the next step in our efforts to protect Americans and reduce the impact of the
Mount Sinai Medical Center said in a statement that, due to medical privacy laws, it “cannot confirm or deny information about any patient. To the extent that we are aware of an incident involving any patient, the appropriate agencies are contacted immediately and have our full cooperation.”

1. Juanita Cowboy

January 12, 2021 at 3:28 am

Appreciate it for this grand post, I am glad I observed this site on yahoo.

2. zortilonrel

March 22, 2021 at 1:13 am

I am not certain where you are getting your info, however good topic. I must spend some time studying much more or working out more. Thank you for fantastic info I was on the lookout for this info for my mission.

3. how to make a website 2021

April 30, 2021 at 7:20 pm

Wow! Thank you! I continually wanted to write on my blog something like that. Can I include a part of your post to my site?

4. Kareem Appeling

May 10, 2021 at 12:27 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

5. storno brzinol

May 15, 2021 at 9:53 pm

Hi! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group? There’s a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Cheers

6. storno brzinol

May 23, 2021 at 1:03 am

I keep listening to the news speak about getting free online grant applications so I have been looking around for the finest site to get one. Could you tell me please, where could i get some?

7. https://europa-road.eu/

May 24, 2021 at 8:19 am

I’ve recently started a website, the information you offer on this website has helped me greatly. Thank you for all of your time & work.

8. Phil Garding

June 4, 2021 at 6:34 am

9. Cristina Unknow

June 5, 2021 at 1:27 am

10. Kenneth Gamboa

June 9, 2021 at 2:19 pm

11. Shani Khairallah

June 13, 2021 at 12:26 pm

I don’t know about you people but I am obsessed with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/04/classic-video-pan-am-boeing-707-arrives-at-jfk-in-1950s/

12. remedy products

June 13, 2021 at 3:27 pm

Howdy! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with SEO? I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very good success. If you know of any please share. Thanks!

13. cheap web hosting for website

June 15, 2021 at 7:01 pm

I?¦ve recently started a website, the information you offer on this web site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work.

14. you could try these out

June 16, 2021 at 10:46 am

Hi there! This post couldn’t be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this article to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!

15. opiniones securitas direct

July 5, 2021 at 7:00 pm

Hiya very cool blog!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Superb .. I will bookmark your website and take the feeds also?KI’m glad to search out numerous helpful info here in the post, we want develop extra strategies in this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

16. see here now

July 16, 2021 at 12:22 pm

Superb post but I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Cheers!

17. website performance

July 29, 2021 at 12:03 am

Some really nice and utilitarian info on this website , besides I conceive the design and style holds excellent features.

18. elementor page builder

July 29, 2021 at 1:55 am

In this grand design of things you’ll receive a B+ for effort. Where exactly you actually confused me personally was first in your details. You know, people say, the devil is in the details… And that couldn’t be much more accurate in this article. Having said that, permit me inform you what exactly did work. Your article (parts of it) is definitely incredibly powerful and that is most likely the reason why I am taking an effort to comment. I do not make it a regular habit of doing that. Next, although I can certainly see the jumps in reasoning you make, I am not really certain of how you seem to connect the points which help to make the conclusion. For the moment I will subscribe to your position however hope in the future you link your dots better.

19. livesexify

August 1, 2021 at 2:14 am

I gotta favorite this site it seems invaluable very useful