Home Health News Coronavirus in Oregon: State reports 1,755 new cases, 7 new deaths as new modeling shows upward surge in tran – OregonLive

The Oregon Health Authority on Friday reported 1,755 new confirmed or presumptive coronavirus cases and seven more fatalities as the state released new modeling that showed transmission of the virus was growing.

Officials said that transmission had “decreased dramatically between late November and mid-December before surging sharply upward.”

At current levels, the projected number of new daily diagnosed cases could grow to 1,780 between Jan. 13 and Jan. 26 and an additional 85 people would be hospitalized each day. If Oregonians are able to knock the transmission level down to what it was in late November, the state said, new daily diagnosed cases would average around 1,400 a day and new hospitalizations would hover around 55 per day.

To do that, Oregonians should continue wearing masks, keeping their distance from each other and avoiding large gatherings of people not in their immediate household.

If either scenario pans out, Oregon could well equal or surpass its record case and death numbers from December.

Where the new cases are by county: Baker (3), Benton (43), Clackamas (203), Clatsop (8), Columbia (12), Coos (18), Crook (3), Curry (4), Deschutes (92), Douglas (27), Gilliam (3), Harney (1), Hood River (20), Jackson (83), Jefferson (3), Josephine (60), Klamath (115), Lake (1), Lane (105), Lincoln (5), Linn (42), Malheur (24), Marion (179), Morrow (12), Multnomah (256), Polk (42), Sherman (4), Tillamook (5), Umatilla (44), Union (20), Wasco (18), Washington (253) and Yamhill (47).

New deaths: Oregon’s 1,569th death linked to coronavirus is a 91-year-old Clackamas County woman who tested positive Dec. 21 and died Jan. 6 at her residence.

The 1,570th fatality is a 76-year-old Jackson County man who tested positive Dec. 22 and died Jan. 4 at his residence.

Oregon’s 1,571st death is a 62-year-old Jackson County man who tested positive Dec. 29 and died Jan. 6 at his residence.

The 1,572nd fatality is a 68-year-old Marion County woman who tested positive Dec. 3 and died Jan. 3 at Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center.

Oregon’s 1,573rd death is a 50-year-old Umatilla County man who tested positive Dec. 27 and died Jan. 5 at Good Shepherd Community Hospital.

The 1,574th fatality is a 91-year-old Washington County man who tested positive Dec. 21 and died Jan. 5 at Oregon Health & Science University.

The 1,575th fatality is a 76-year-old Lane County man who tested positive Dec. 26 and died Jan. 6 at PeaceHealth Sacred Health Medical Center at Riverbend.

Each person had underlying health conditions.

The prevalence of infections: On Friday, the state reported 1,807 new positive tests out of 24,293 tests performed, equaling a 7.4% positivity rate.

Who got infected: New confirmed or presumed infections grew among the following age groups: 0-9 (60); 10-19 (183); 20-29 (422); 30-39 (320); 40-49 (281); 50-59 (220); 60-69 (135); 70-79 (84); 80 and older (53).

Who’s in the hospital: The state reported 451 Oregonians with confirmed coronavirus infections were currently in the hospital Friday, 11 fewer than Thursday. Of those, 88 coronavirus patients were in intensive care units, three fewer than Thursday.

Vaccines administered: Oregon has administered 74,914 doses out of 252,350 received, or nearly 30% of its supply. Nearly 600 of those doses were second shots, completing the full inoculation schedule.

Since it began: Oregon has reported 122,847 confirmed or presumed infections and 1,575 deaths, among the lowest totals in the nation. To date, the state has reported 2,786,624 lab reports from tests.

— Kale Williams; kwilliams@oregonian.com; 503-294-4048; @sfkale

1. Vaughn Dillehay

January 12, 2021 at 4:24 am

Oh my goodness! a great post dude. Appreciate it However I am experiencing problem with ur rss . Do not know why Unable to subscribe to it. Perhaps there is any person getting identical rss problem? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

2. Mei Ahlbrecht

May 11, 2021 at 12:44 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

3. Tillie Lagory

May 12, 2021 at 7:36 am

4. Vern Morgia

May 16, 2021 at 8:43 pm

I don’t know about you all but I am obsessed with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/11/official-word-from-boeing-on-the-787-dreamliner-za002s-incident/

5. Johnathon Rheome

May 18, 2021 at 6:37 am

I don’t know about you guys but I am obsessed with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/03/a-nice-little-wrap-up-to-the-boeing-747-8-intercontinentals-first-flight/

6. Morton Grasha

May 21, 2021 at 12:11 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

7. Ena Dieckmann

May 23, 2021 at 8:07 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

8. Jamaal Beckfield

May 28, 2021 at 8:51 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

9. Emil Richburg

May 29, 2021 at 9:23 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl authors and blogs

10. Cecile Cortijo

May 30, 2021 at 10:13 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

11. Jamie Tomaszycki

May 31, 2021 at 8:55 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

12. Tyler Salada

June 3, 2021 at 3:30 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

13. Vickey Maile

June 4, 2021 at 9:46 am

14. Galen Smsith

June 5, 2021 at 4:21 am

15. Delmer Birkes

June 9, 2021 at 11:42 am

16. Antwan Perotti

June 14, 2021 at 12:36 am

I don’t know about you people but I love airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/12/second-boeing-787-dreamliner-takes-flight/