Home Health News Texas to speed COVID-19 shots by devoting more to fewer sites – Reuters

Texas to speed COVID-19 shots by devoting more to fewer sites – Reuters

HOUSTON (Reuters) – Texas will allocate about half of its latest COVID-19 vaccine supplies to just 28 healthcare sites, officials said on Sunday, aiming to speed distribution amid rising infections and hospitalizations.

Distribution efforts in the second most-populous U.S. state have been falling short, with people forced to wait for hours, online registration sites unable to keep up, or vaccine locations abruptly changed because of overwhelming demand.

The state’s positivity rate, or percent of cases testing positive, was 19.2% on Saturday, up nearly 6 percentage points in the past four weeks. New infections rose by nearly 19,000 and more than 13,000 people were hospitalized, up 4,000 in the past four weeks.

Concentrating deliveries will simplify sign ups and provide more shots to eligible residents, the state said in a news release. First-shot allocations are based on estimates of how many people each location could serve. Department of State Health Services officials were not available to comment.

Of the 310,000 doses expected this week in Texas, about 159,000 will be delivered to just 28 locations. Smaller sites will split 38,300 doses and nursing home and long-term care facilities will get 121,875, the state said.

Reporting by Gary McWilliams; Editing by Peter Cooney

1. Trey Mccullogh

January 12, 2021 at 2:58 am

I am usually to running a blog and i really admire your content. The write-up has really highs my interest. I will bookmark your own web site and maintain checking for brand spanking new data.

2. Arthur Zuanich

May 11, 2021 at 6:41 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

3. Jennette Fuhr

May 12, 2021 at 8:17 am

4. Kallie Palisbo

May 16, 2021 at 9:06 pm

I don’t know about you people but I am obsessed with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/04/video-5/

5. Antonia Thimmes

May 19, 2021 at 8:53 am

I don’t know about you all but I love airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/06/was-united-airlines-computer-outage-that-big-of-a-deal-i-say-nay/

6. Jay Schneller

May 20, 2021 at 7:55 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl authors and blogs

7. Sommer Ranney

May 21, 2021 at 12:38 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

8. Lilli Arrequin

May 28, 2021 at 9:12 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

9. Gena Golightly

May 30, 2021 at 10:35 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

10. Xavier Speagle

May 31, 2021 at 9:19 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

11. Peg Ruvalcaba

June 3, 2021 at 3:51 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

12. Olinda Dzledzic