Home Health News California's Disneyland to become Covid vaccination site – BBC News

California's Disneyland to become Covid vaccination site – BBC News

.css-94m6rd-HeadingWrapperborder-bottom:solid 1px #BABABA;padding-bottom:1.5rem;.css-94m6rd-HeadingWrapper > *:not([hidden]):not(style) ~ *:not([hidden]):not(style)margin-top:1rem;.css-vk3nhx-ComponentWrappermargin:1.5rem 0;

.css-2y05cd-StyledFigurefont-family:ReithSans,Helvetica,Arial,freesans,sans-serif;font-weight:400;font-size:0.875rem;line-height:1.125rem;

.css-kwaqyc-StyledFigureContainerposition:relative;

.css-1xtcmof-Placeholderposition:relative;display:block;padding-bottom:56.25%;background-color:#EEEEEE;.css-1xtcmof-Placeholder imgoverflow:hidden;position:absolute;top:0;right:0;bottom:0;left:0;display:-webkit-box;display:-webkit-flex;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-webkit-box-pack:center;-webkit-justify-content:center;-ms-flex-pack:center;justify-content:center;-webkit-align-items:center;-webkit-box-align:center;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;width:100%;height:100%;object-fit:cover;

.css-evoj7m-Imagedisplay:block;width:100%;height:auto;

.css-1ecljvk-StyledFigureCopyrightposition:absolute;bottom:0;right:0;background:#3F3F42;color:#EEEEEE;padding:0.25rem 0.5rem;text-transform:uppercase;Getty Images

.css-uf6wea-RichTextComponentWrappermargin:1rem 0;max-width:36.25rem;

.css-83cqas-RichTextContainercolor:#3F3F42;.css-83cqas-RichTextContainer > *:not([hidden]):not(style) ~ *:not([hidden]):not(style)margin-top:1rem;

.css-14iz86j-BoldTextfont-weight:bold;California’s Disneyland theme park is set to become a massive Covid-19 vaccination site this week, county officials announced on Monday.

The “happiest place on earth” is one of several large distribution sites opening up in the state as cases soar and hospitals near capacity.

The most populous US state has lagged behind in its vaccination rate, doling out around a third of its doses so far.

The state reported just under 40,000 new cases on Monday and 264 deaths.

California ranks 42nd out of 50 states in its vaccination rate per 100,000 residents, .css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:linkcolor:#3F3F42;.css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:visitedcolor:#696969;.css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:link,.css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:visitedfont-weight:700;border-bottom:1px solid #BABABA;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;.css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:link:hover,.css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:visited:hover,.css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:link:focus,.css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:visited:focusborder-bottom-color:currentcolor;border-bottom-width:2px;color:#B80000;@supports (text-underline-offset:0.25em).css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:link,.css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:visitedborder-bottom:none;-webkit-text-decoration:underline #BABABA;text-decoration:underline #BABABA;-webkit-text-decoration-thickness:1px;text-decoration-thickness:1px;-webkit-text-decoration-skip-ink:none;text-decoration-skip-ink:none;text-underline-offset:0.25em;.css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:link:hover,.css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:visited:hover,.css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:link:focus,.css-1xgj2ad-InlineLink:visited:focus-webkit-text-decoration-color:currentcolor;text-decoration-color:currentcolor;-webkit-text-decoration-thickness:2px;text-decoration-thickness:2px;color:#B80000;according to Centers for Disease Control data.

The Disneyland resort in Orange County will become the region’s first “super” distribution site, Orange County Supervisor Andrew Do said on Monday. It will have the capacity to vaccinate thousands of people daily.

The park has been closed to visitors since mid-March – unlike it’s sister resort, Walt Disney World in Florida, which has been open to reduced numbers of guests since July.

.css-1pzprxn-BulletListContainermargin-left:1.5rem;.css-1pzprxn-BulletListContainer *:not([hidden]):not(style) ~ *:not([hidden]):not(style)margin-top:1rem;.css-1pzprxn-BulletListContainer ullist-style-type:disc;.css-1pzprxn-BulletListContainer ollist-style-type:decimal;

California Governor Gavin Newsom announced similar vaccination sites would be opening up as early as this week at Los Angeles’ Dodger Stadium, Cal Expo in Sacramento and Petco Park in San Diego.

“We recognise that the current strategy is not going to get us to where we need to go as quickly as we all need to go,” Mr Newsom said.

“That’s why we’re speeding up the administration not just for priority groups but opening up large sites to do so.”

.css-18mjolk-ComponentWrappermargin:1.5rem 0;max-width:50rem;

California health workers get vaccinated

Getty Images

The state’s current vaccination campaign is focusing on high priority individuals, like health care workers and long-term care facility residents.

The Golden State has the third highest death rate in the country.

More than 22,600 people have been admitted to hospital due to the virus, and state data shows that as of Monday, just over 1,200 intensive care beds were still available statewide.

Covid patient at Apple Valley, California, hospital

Getty Images

“The damaging impact to our families and our local hospitals from this surge is the worst disaster our county has experienced for decades,” Los Angeles County’s top public health official, Barbara Ferrer told reporters on Monday.

.css-mysbf6-ComponentWrapper-CrossheadComponentWrappermargin:1.5rem 0;max-width:50rem;padding-top:1rem;max-width:36.25rem;

.css-qozapo-StyledHeadingfont-family:ReithSerif,Helvetica,Arial,freesans,sans-serif;font-weight:500;font-size:1.5rem;line-height:1.75rem;color:#3F3F42;@media (min-width:37.5rem).css-qozapo-StyledHeadingfont-size:2rem;line-height:2.25rem;.css-qozapo-StyledHeading:focusoutline-style:none;.css-qozapo-StyledHeading:focus-visibleoutline-style:auto;

What’s the situation in the rest of the US?

The US has seen 22.6m Covid-19 cases and more than 376,000 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University data.

• In Tuscaloosa, Alabama, there are fears of an impending Covid spike in the wake of huge celebrations after a college American football championship victory, despite pleas from the mayor to call off parties.

.css-z0waap-ComponentWrapper-SocialEmbedComponentWrappermargin:1.5rem 0;.css-z0waap-ComponentWrapper-SocialEmbedComponentWrapper divmargin:1.5rem 0;.css-z0waap-ComponentWrapper-SocialEmbedComponentWrapper iframemax-width:100%;.css-z0waap-ComponentWrapper-SocialEmbedComponentWrapper div > blockquoteborder:1px solid #BABABA;border-radius:4px;padding:1rem;max-width:36.25rem;margin:0.5rem 0;.css-z0waap-ComponentWrapper-SocialEmbedComponentWrapper spandisplay:block;font-size:0.875rem;line-height:1.125rem;margin-bottom:0.5rem;.css-z0waap-ComponentWrapper-SocialEmbedComponentWrapper .fb-postmax-width:100%;margin-bottom:0.5rem;.css-z0waap-ComponentWrapper-SocialEmbedComponentWrapper .fb-post spanmax-width:100%;

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.View original tweet on Twitter
.css-1ix1qms-Placeholderposition:relative;display:block;padding-bottom:0.16025641025641024%;background-color:#EEEEEE;.css-1ix1qms-Placeholder imgoverflow:hidden;position:absolute;top:0;right:0;bottom:0;left:0;display:-webkit-box;display:-webkit-flex;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-webkit-box-pack:center;-webkit-justify-content:center;-ms-flex-pack:center;justify-content:center;-webkit-align-items:center;-webkit-box-align:center;-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;width:100%;height:100%;object-fit:cover;

Presentational white space

• Florida’s Governor Ron de Santis on Tuesday announced over 50% of all vaccinations administered so far have gone to senior citizens
  • Three Democrats in the House of Representatives have reported positive tests after having to shelter with Republican colleagues who did not wear masks during the riot last week
  • On Tuesday, US health secretary Alex Azar, appearing on the Good Morning America programme, said changes are coming to make the second vaccine doses available and expand both access and eligibility
  • The CDC reports over 25m doses of both approved vaccines have been distributed nationwide, and 9m administered
.css-1uy4vn0-Containerheight:0;padding-bottom:56.25%;width:100%;color:#3F3F42;background-color:#EEEEEE;

.css-1d84lqw-LogoIconWrapperwidth:30%;padding-top:23.868243243243246%;margin:0 auto;color:#3F3F42;opacity:0.2;

.css-1rnnz6t-StyledFigureCaptionbackground:#3F3F42;color:#EEEEEE;padding:1rem;

.css-kqym7f-SectionWrappermargin:1.5rem 0;padding-top:1.5rem;font-size:0.875rem;line-height:1.125rem;

1. froleprotrem

February 7, 2021 at 4:02 am

Pretty section of content. I simply stumbled upon your web site and in accession capital to assert that I get actually enjoyed account your weblog posts. Anyway I’ll be subscribing on your augment and even I achievement you get admission to constantly fast.

2. Sharell Dimiceli

May 10, 2021 at 7:00 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

3. Isabella Handville

May 11, 2021 at 11:37 pm

4. storno brzinol

May 16, 2021 at 1:39 am

I will immediately clutch your rss as I can not in finding your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service. Do you have any? Please let me recognize so that I may subscribe. Thanks.

5. Onie Fredrickson

May 16, 2021 at 6:20 pm

I don’t know about you people but I infatuated with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/07/online-manners-30000-feet-up-by-airtran/

6. Reinaldo Casbeer

May 17, 2021 at 1:51 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

7. Jason Faggs

May 17, 2021 at 6:54 pm

I don’t know about you guys but I infatuated with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/02/attention-seattle-peeps-looking-for-aviation-themed-restaraunts-and-bars/

8. Jeffry Cecena

May 19, 2021 at 5:38 am

I don’t know about you people but I infatuated with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/03/answer-whats-up-with-the-lufthansa-livery-on-the-boeing-747-8-intercontinental/

9. Jonelle Gerlt

May 19, 2021 at 9:50 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

10. Garfield Coutts

May 20, 2021 at 6:05 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl authors and blogs

11. Sylvie Kindermann

May 21, 2021 at 6:45 pm

I don’t know about you all but I am obsessed with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2011/06/short-take-cranky-flier-looks-at-airline-branding-and-fees/

12. Sammy Balde

May 23, 2021 at 6:11 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl articles and blogs

13. Kareem Knippel

May 28, 2021 at 6:48 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

14. Cecile Hromek

May 29, 2021 at 7:00 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

15. Chet Torchia

May 30, 2021 at 7:51 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

16. Donnie Luttmer

May 30, 2021 at 4:14 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

17. Arthur Goeing

June 4, 2021 at 4:14 am

18. Eugenie Mckoy

June 5, 2021 at 12:51 am

19. Edgar Kahoun

June 13, 2021 at 6:25 am

I don’t know about you all but I am obsessed with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2008/11/keeping-the-airport-bird-free/