Home Health News People over 70 can register for COVID-19 vaccine in Indiana – IndyStar

People over 70 can register for COVID-19 vaccine in Indiana – IndyStar

Shari Rudavsky

| Indianapolis Star

play
Show Caption

Hide Caption

Here’s who can get a COVID-19 vaccine in Indiana

Indiana is now expanding eligibility for the COVID-19 vaccine by age groups, starting with those Hoosiers 80 or older who are at the most risk. Here’s how that works.

Dwight Adams, dwight.adams@indystar.com

Seniors 70 and older can now register to receive the coronavirus vaccine through the state’s website.

Although the main page of the state’s vaccine dashboard, ourshot.in.gov, still said early Wednesday morning that registration is limited to those 80 and over, people who clicked on the appointment link found that those 70 and up were able to register.

After being contacted by IndyStar, the state sent out a statement just before 10 a.m. that registration officially was open for people at least 70.

Nearly 150 vaccination sites exist around the state. All but one of the 92 county health departments offers a vaccination clinic.

Last Friday the state started allowing seniors over age 80 to register for vaccine appointments. As of earlier this week, nearly 86,000 people in that age group had scheduled appointments, state health officials said.

More info: How to get a COVID-19 vaccine in Indiana

In October, the state issued a draft plan that prioritized people for vaccination based on myriad factors.

Last Wednesday state officials said they had scrapped that plan and would now focus on vaccinating people by age as coronavirus risk increases as one grows older. Every state can draw up its own plan.

The state started vaccinating healthcare workers in mid-December, along with long term care facility residents and staff. In early January, first responders became eligible.

State officials said they would invite seniors over 80 to register first and then open it up to those 70 and older and those 60 and older in stages. At the time they did not have a specific timeline for expanding registration but said it would depend on how great interest was among those eligible.

As of Tuesday at noon, more than 204,000 people in Indiana had received their first dose of vaccine, according to the state’s vaccine dashboard, which is updated daily. More than 31,000 had received both doses of vaccine.

To schedule a vaccine visit the state website at ourshot.in.gov or call 211.

Contact IndyStar reporter Shari Rudavsky at shari.rudavsky@indystar.com. Follow her on Facebook and on Twitter: @srudavsky.

1. Hilton Pedigo

March 23, 2021 at 9:07 am

I have been absent for a while, but now I remember why I used to love this site. Thanks, I will try and check back more frequently. How frequently you update your website?

2. Young Gingrich

May 10, 2021 at 2:10 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these sl authors and blogs

3. Wade Northrop

May 12, 2021 at 2:47 am

4. Giuseppe Kastel

May 17, 2021 at 10:14 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

5. Noreen Niewiadomski

May 19, 2021 at 7:04 am

I don’t know about you people but I infatuated with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/04/i-vote-the-window-seat-is-the-best/

6. Larhonda Caraher

May 20, 2021 at 10:57 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

7. Guillermo Slappy

May 23, 2021 at 7:11 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

8. Izetta Dagostino

May 23, 2021 at 7:12 am

Simply wish to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your post is simply spectacular and i can assume you are an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the gratifying work.

9. Weldon Scandura

May 28, 2021 at 7:53 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a online game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

10. Saran Gidden

May 29, 2021 at 8:17 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs

11. Gracia Ramcharran

May 30, 2021 at 9:02 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

12. Norris Parfitt