Home Health News Disneyland hosts massive COVID-19 vaccination site to high demand – KABC-TV

Disneyland hosts massive COVID-19 vaccination site to high demand – KABC-TV

ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) — Disneyland has officially transformed into Orange County’s first vaccination super-site.

There were long lines of people waiting to get the COVID-19 vaccine Wednesday, but some county residents trying to get vaccinated reported having trouble landing an appointment through the registration app Othena.

County leaders say their registration app was overwhelmed. According to the Orange County Health Care Agency, about 10,000 people registered overnight to schedule an appointment.

RELATED: Disneyland to host Orange County’s first massive vaccination site

Some who had problems scheduling an appointment even received a message that they could no longer register. The county says it working to solve the glitches and more registration slots will open when the county receives more vaccines.

Residents can find more information about getting an appointment on Othena’s site and can download the app on the App Store.

The county is asking those without an appointment to not come to the Super POD site because that would overwhelm the system, and make vaccine distribution more challenging. Health leaders warn appointments are required for things to run smoothly.

Disneyland is the first of five Super POD sites in Orange County with the capacity to vaccinate thousands of people every day. The other sites will be announced as their agreements are finalized.

County health officials Tuesday opened up access for vaccines to residents 65 and older, and the state is now following the county’s footsteps.

So far, Orange County has received more than 170,000 vaccines, according OCHA director Dr. Clayton Chau. To receive more vaccines, Chau said it is critical for the county to prove to the state Super PODS like the Disneyland site are successful, and that people want the vaccine.

RELATED: OC residents 65 and older can now receive COVID-19 vaccine

The Walt Disney Co. is the parent company of this station.

Copyright © 2021 KABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.

1. Krysta Maize

May 10, 2021 at 8:30 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

2. Maryanna Umin

May 11, 2021 at 11:56 pm

3. Christoper Admas

May 16, 2021 at 6:33 pm

I don’t know about you guys but I am obsessed with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/06/video-united-airlines-interior-remodel/

4. Burt Skarupa

May 17, 2021 at 9:12 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life websites and blogs

5. Emil Christopherso

May 19, 2021 at 5:53 am

I don’t know about you all but I love airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2010/03/ryanair-leavine-passengers-stranded/

6. Dale Plaas

May 19, 2021 at 10:13 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life articles and blogs

7. Vanesa Drisdelle

May 20, 2021 at 6:20 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. Second life is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

8. Arianne Devos

May 21, 2021 at 6:58 pm

I don’t know about you all but I am obsessed with airplanes. I have a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/06/air-india-decides-not-to-pay-employees-this-pay-period/

9. Isiah Hect

May 29, 2021 at 7:13 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these second life authors and blogs

10. Benton Drungo

May 30, 2021 at 8:03 am

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a online game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life articles and blogs

11. Stanley Soleman

May 30, 2021 at 4:27 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a video game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these Second Life authors and blogs

12. Carmelo Monsalve

June 5, 2021 at 1:49 pm

13. Silas Rivadulla

June 9, 2021 at 10:27 am

14. Verline Slavin

June 13, 2021 at 10:21 pm

I don’t know about you guys but I am obsessed with airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loves airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff I don’t know about you guys but I love airplanes. I had a friend in highschool that loved airplanes, so here are some airplane related stuff https://www.airlinereporter.com/2009/07/theairlineblog-com-is-now-airlinereporter-com/

15. Karyn Borla

June 18, 2021 at 3:03 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is basically a game where you can do anything you want. sl is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you want to see more you can see these second life websites and blogs

16. Jayson Fesh

June 21, 2021 at 10:17 pm

Have you ever heard of second life (sl for short). It is essentially a game where you can do anything you want. SL is literally my second life (pun intended lol). If you would like to see more you can see these sl websites and blogs